+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty 3

Anybody played this yet? i've played the first two and they are great. I am thinking about getting the 3rd one (don't own either of the first two). I was actually searching for the best price at several stores because I have a best buy card and they match any local deal, and I came across something funny. I was searching FYE's sight and they reccomended a bundle for me:

I'm not sure why I would want the same game for both Xbox systems. That seems like an incredible waste.

The cheapest I have seen is $39.82 on Wallmarts site (as far as local stores go). Anyone know of a cheaper place?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Don't know, heard from quite a few people that they're disappointed with COD3 though, for what it's worth.

Jickboy plays this religiously, although he did tell me he prefers COD2. Maybe if he shows up he can provide better insight. I've played it a bit with him and came away very impressed. Solid graphics, gameplay and sound. We really cranked up the sound it felt like we were on a WWII battlefield. It really depends on the type of shooter you're into. I think Gears of War has better gameplay, but deals with alien-type things, but if you're into the realistic WWII thing go with COD3, or go new school realistic with Rainbow Six: Vegas.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I was debating getting this game also but Battlestations Midway comes out soon. So I am waiting to see how BS Midway is rated by critics.

Thanks guys. The guy at Best Buy said Gears of War was better too. I opted not to get COD3 because you can only play multiplayer online (which I don't do). I play my shooter games when I have friends over (most have different systems too), so online doesn't help. I got Battlefront 2 instead (it was only 20 bucks, not bad).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Thanks guys. The guy at Best Buy said Gears of War was better too. I opted not to get COD3 because you can only play multiplayer online (which I don't do). I play my shooter games when I have friends over (most have different systems too), so online doesn't help. I got Battlefront 2 instead (it was only 20 bucks, not bad).
    Battlefront is a solid game. I'm a big fan of that series because it focuses on my favorite part of the Star Wars films....the wars!

You can system link for multiplayer, I don't know who said you couldn't. COD3 has really grown even more on me now, to the point that I have it equal with 2. The multiplayer aspect of 12 vs 12 is insane. And if you get with people you play with often, you can be quite dominant. The different classes you can be allow for a different type of online experience altogether. I love to snipe, but I also love to run around with a Medic and heal people. You get a buddy who uses the 'support' class which is a 50 cal machine gun, and he has the option of re-supplying characters. So as a medic, you get to use smoke grenades, but only get 1 at a time. When you are rolling in a medic/support tandem, you can smoke a good portion of the board out. The graphics on my 52" in HDTV are spectacular, and if you liked the previous versions, you will love this one. The single player mode is much better than the other versions as well...seems more story/movie driven than just fighting in different battles.

^As I said, many of my friends have other systems (360, PS2) or no video game system at all. System link does me no good. Yes, the single player is really fun, but I don't play a lot of single player xbox. I have it to play against other friends for the most part, as if I'm home alone I am playing warcraft 3 online.

10-4 good buddy

+ Reply to Thread