+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idea for a TV series

Idea for a TV series

Try this one on for size:

-Sopranos/Entourage/Dexter type show
    -protagonist is an end of the bench NBA glue guy, along the lines of a Brian Cardinal.
    -he is either a hitman or a spy, can't decide which. he's either in it for the money or because the FBI/CIA sought him out.
    -this career is a perfect cover because the guy is consistently traveling throughout the United States to big markets (think of the crime in NY, LA, Miami, etc), and even overseas (games are being played in Europe and China now and there is increasing recruitment in Africa).
    -if he gets injured in the field, he can use his reputation as a rugged, hustling scrub as an excuse for blackeyes/cuts/whatever. if he ever gets an nba injury and has to stay home to recruit, he can use this as an excuse to do his business locally.
    -he needs to juggle simultaneous training for the nba/his side job, jet lag, an exorbitant lifestyle expected of an nba baller, etc.
    -he goes for counsel, often. either to a sports psychologist, priests for confession, trauma victims anonymous meetings, whatever. imagine that it would be very stressful to lead such a life.

Would you watch? think nba players would get on board for cameos? who would you want to star in such a series?
    Last edited by lospistones; 03-17-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post

Would you watch?
    No.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Starring Steve Carrell as agent Michael Scarn.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Should be on TBS, because it sounds very funny.

Blog Entries
    Would seem strange to have a hit man or spy be someone who is instantly recognizable by millions of people.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    ^ no disrespect, of course
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    My name is Okur.

Mehmet Okur.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    Would seem strange to have a hit man or spy be someone who is instantly recognizable by millions of people.
    That'd be the point. If it were, say, a superstar, part of the intrigue would be that they are hiding him in plain sight. It'd be so conspicuous that nobody would expect it. I'm not talking about a 7 footer, here.

Let's put it this way, you'd never expect Kim Kardashian or any other socialite to be a spy, but that's what makes it plausible. I guess another direction is that this player could be expected to do corrupt things, if not a hitman. Think, Michael Vick/dogfighting and beyond, but he's a plant.
    Last edited by lospistones; 03-17-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    My name is Okur.

Mehmet Okur.

I lol'd. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread