+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Problem hooking up xBox live with my 360

I am pretty sure that I cannot get back into my router settings...I cannot access the internet at home because I set the router to an ACCESS POINT. So how would I be able to get into the router settings? I cannot log on from a remote location also...I am fucked basically...especially since its my neighbors connection...I assume he will have to totally reset everything or soemthing?

Oh and it is a BELKIN router...I used 192.168.2.1 to get into the status page before...but that was when I could browse the internet on the connection. Now I have the connection...I just cannot go do anything with it due to the "limited or no connectivity"

...i hate...my life.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    well it sounds like the router isnt assigning your laptop an IP address. is your laptop set to request a specific IP address or just assigned one? just since you havent posted it yet, bring up your cmd prompt and type 'ipconfig /all' and let us know what it says. if your IP address starts with 169 (i think) then thats definitely the problem. you might just have to wait til your friend gets home and either have him reset it via the lil button or change the settings back from his pc.

Yeah, thats pretty much all I can think of as well.
    Good luck to you.

Any luck Muhme?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

bangpow...i love you...you fixed it...i will be online in a matter of minutes!!!!!

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    bangpow...i love you...you fixed it...i will be online in a matter of minutes!!!!!
    Did you get that game adaptor that i told you about or something?

Yeah I got that linksys...it is working GREAT

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Yeah I got that linksys...it is working GREAT
    Sweet!

I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but I did know that when I test my settings, it shows my internet connetion as a wired connection since it is hooked up to that adaptor.

I'm glad you are able to get online. I have yet another opponent that I can bust out Boise State on!

+ Reply to Thread