+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TV platforms

TV platforms

Is that the correct way to say it? Platforms?

I've asked this before but really ready to cut ties with DirectTV.

All I want to watch is live sports. NONE of these dipshit millennial shows are worth a shit, imo. I would like to watch a couple of old tv series. I'm talking 60 and 70s type shit.

So I looked at ROKU. I thought it was an either/or Roku or Netflix and then it looks like I get Netflix over my Roku tv?

Not following this shit at all. I'm old and its happy hour.

Any help would be appreciated. If not, FUCK YOU!
    Players meeting my ASS!

Well then stay where you are. Cable is the only option with live sports.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    You can get League Pass, NHL package, MLB package for sure on Roku or Fire TV, etc....NFL I think is only a couple devices. Cable's a ripoff, I ditched it 5 years ago and never looked back. Once in a while the games you can't get streaming you go to the bar.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I have Uverse, Comcast, and Wow in my neighborhood. I just jump from promotion to promotion every 2 years if the one company doesn't give me a good price. Case in point, I have Comcast on a 2 year deal. Cable TV with HBO and HD DVR with 75 Meg internet for $90. For me its not worth to ditch cable and do all this horse trading with Roku and apps and antenna etc.. They will work with you if you have competitors. No reason to pay full price.

I can get NBA season of just Pistons games online and output to TV for 119. I don't care about rest of league. DirectTV is prolly going to be 200. Its not that savings I'm after. Its paying probably 120 a month and I watch very little TV except for NBA, NFL, NCAA football, NBA. I'll buy packages for those. The wife likes old reruns. She just doesn't like the new shows. So I would 'think' the old shows would be on ROKU.

But again, I'm not clear here. I can get HULU over my Roku subscription? I'm just not following. Light bulb hasn't clicked yet. To me that's like getting Comcast over my Direct TV subscription. I don't think I'm making myself clear. But I thought most of those new platforms or whatevs, would have their own content and you purchase it from them. I'm probably way off.
    Players meeting my ASS!

And thanks to all.

I have a smart TV, I should just put my CC in when it asks, it said it wouldn't bill me, and start exploring. Maybe a hands on will help figure this out.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post

But again, I'm not clear here. I can get HULU over my Roku subscription? I'm just not following. Light bulb hasn't clicked yet. To me that's like getting Comcast over my Direct TV subscription. I don't think I'm making myself clear. But I thought most of those new platforms or whatevs, would have their own content and you purchase it from them. I'm probably way off.
    Roku is just a device, not any kind of actual subscription. If you subscribe to Hulu you can access it through a Roku device, a firetv, as smart tv, an apple tv, a pc, etc...Same with netflix, etc....Sometimes they have limits on how many devices can access concurrently (ie it's a couple extra bucks if you want to watch Hulu on your PC, your wife wants to watch Hulu on the smart tv, Jorge from crew 2 wants to watch Hulu on his Samsung Glaxy Note 7 and the boy wants to watch Hulu on the roku all at the same time) but I think it's only a minimal upcharge...

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

There it is. Thanks Vinny. SRS Roku is a device, not a subscription. Got it now.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Talked to another hombre and looking forward to this. Tired of paying tv services to pipe commercials in at me. It won't go away, but maybe I can lessen it.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers View Post
    I just jump from promotion to promotion every 2 years if the one company doesn't give me a good price.
    Whore!

+ Reply to Thread