+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should the Pistons target with their 2007 draft picks?

Blog Entries

Who should the Pistons target with their 2007 draft picks?

I've still got my eye on Corey Brewer for the Pistons, I don't like seeing him in there at various spots from pick #8 through #13.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries

Who should the Pistons target with their two 1st round picks?

I'm still liking Corey Brewer with the Orl pick, but I'd be okay with Acie Law too.

As of yesterday, NBADraft.net has us taking:

14. Nick Young 6-6 200 SG USC Jr. (ahead of Brewer, who is at 15, and after Law who is at 13)

and

26. Nick Fazekas 6-11 240 PF Nevada Sr.

With Amir and Max waiting in the wings, I doubt that we look at a PF in the first round, but who knows?

Related discussion from NCAA forum: http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8536
    Find a new slant.

NBAdraft.net does not pay attention to team needs. They only rank the players (like Kiper's big board), then put the teams in their current pick slot. You could have 4 SG's and they'd still put the SG there if the player was slotted at your pick. It's not really a mock at all, so they shouldn't call it that. They should just call it their big board.

I highly doubt we take a PF at all. SF/PG will be our priority, and a project center as a distant 3rd. I'd like to see Law (orl pick) and a center at #26 (though most late first round centers don't pan out). Then sign a FA backup SF. Let DD walk and cut Murray. Hope the center can pan out in a few years. I wouldn't mind a junior/senior SF with our second rounder too that everyone overlooks (like Ryan Gomes a couple years ago).

I also wouldn't be opposed to Hawes then a swingman (Byers?) with our pick. Orlando would probably have to continue losing to have a chance at Hawes though. They say he's a versitile center like Brad Miller, which would be nice. He could learn from Webber and compliment Max nicely.
    Last edited by WTFchris; 03-13-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Okay, cool.

Do you know of a frequently updated mock?
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    The people doing the best mocks are probably in March Madness at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Okay, cool.

Do you know of a frequently updated mock?
    No, I don't. Like Mxy said they are probably focused on NCAA's. We'll know a lot more after that.

I actually like that NBAdraft.net does not pay attention to team needs. This way, we can see how they rate the players and you can get an idea of who might be there around your pick. If you have a real mock, teams reach for needs. I suppose that will happen in the draft too, but this way it's a little easier to figure out a handful of players to watch in the tourney.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The reaching for needs is the only reason I think we won't get Acie Law. I'd love to see us grab him with the Orlando pick, but he's the first PG on the list and I'm sure someone will reach for him early.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    The reaching for needs is the only reason I think we won't get Acie Law. I'd love to see us grab him with the Orlando pick, but he's the first PG on the list and I'm sure someone will reach for him early.
    I've been thinking the same thing. Not necessarily somebody that's slotted to draft ahead of us, I think somebody might trade up to get him.

It will be interesting to see what Phoenix does with 3 first round picks.

Would they give them all up to take Durant or Oden? Would anybody give up Durant or Oden for them?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn

Would anybody give up Durant or Oden for them?

Absolutly not. 0%.

Blog Entries
    I'm not so sure that it is absolute.

Not saying I would give up Oden/Durant, but if you are Charlotte, let's say, and you end up at #2 overall and Phoenix comes to you with #4, #23 & #28, for example, I'd think they'd have to at least consider it.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread