+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well at least the lockout helps us...

Well at least the lockout helps us...

We suck, and need some contracts to come off the books. IMO Rip's value will increase with each game missed, as will Maxiell's in trade. Maximum value will be if somehow the lockout lasts after the trade deadline. In the meanwhile, hopefully Brandon Knight and Monroe don't do anything stupid and get injured. I am glad we drafted guys that seemingly have good heads on their shoulders at least.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO View Post
    In the meanwhile, hopefully Brandon Knight and Monroe don't do anything stupid and get arrested.
    Seems like that's pretty much par for the course these days.

Plus it stops Joe from doing anything retarded with Stuckey. He still will, but at least it will be later. I think this lockout is going to go into the beginning of the season. They will want players to miss a few games for maximum negotiating power. If its true that 22 of the teams lost money, they will have nothing to lose.

No way in hell only 8 teams are profitable. I smell cooked books.

there's no way a deal gets done before christmas IMO, if at all this season.

Well they all talk big in the beginning, but I sense the owners will want to break them. The NBA money is not like the NFL money. Imo one season and the players will completely buckle. There is too much of a separation in salaries that the guys on the bottom will suffer. In the end, the owners can make money off these teams for the rest of their lives, while the players can only do so for a decade give or take.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    the lockout will help the Pistons financially, but on the other hand it will certainly hurt the development of our young players, Monroe, Knight & Daye, Jonas don't get better sitting around and working out, they need real competition to get better

Wish we'd drafted Ty Lawson instead of Daye >

Don't open that door man. It's a long list of "wish we'd"s.

+ Reply to Thread