+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Petrino = Pariah

Blog Entries

Bobby Petrino = Pariah

Holy shit, I listened to about an hour of sports radio on the way home from work and I've never heard a coach get skewered this badly.

A few thoughts:

1. Hats off to Falcons owner, Arthur Blank, for outing Petrino for the fraud that he is. If you haven't heard Blank's comments in today's presser, you must. He asked Petrino before the Monday night game what his level of interest was in the Arkansas job and Petrino told him, "You have my handshake, so you have a coach". 24 hours later, he's the HC at Arkansas. (What is it about Arthur Blank that makes everyone want to lie to him? i.e. Vick)

2. Thank God that Michigan didn't hire Petrino like Arkansas did. Not only is this story wiping the Michigan debacle off the front page and off the airwaves, but this guy is just getting killed by every "football expert" out there.

3. How easy is it going to be to recruit against Petrino? "Are you going to go play for a guy that is a liar and a quitter"?

4. I think this kills ANY chance of Miles to UM. There is no way that Miles can come now after his repeated insistence that he was staying put at LSU and in the aftermath of this Petrino media firestorm. There is no way that he'll risk being clumped in with Petrino.

Petrino's career is toast, IMO.

I'll be shocked if he lasts 2 years in Arkansas, and they may have just destroyed their program.

What a story!
    Find a new slant.

Joey blasted Petrino:

"When we saw him doing his press conference at Arkansas, that's what I think brought up the anger to have him talk about family, about team and about commitment, and then to come in here and have a form letter at your locker," said quarterback Joey Harrington. "That's not how a man acts. That's how a coward acts."
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    While I think Petrino is a douche, there's no reason to take seriously a guy nicknamed "Princess" in college being mad at you and calling you a coward.

Not to come to the defense of these fucking coaches, but what the hell are they supposed to do. Not Patrino, but LM, for example.

Coaches get fired at the end of hte season, thereby creating vacancies at the end of the season and boys and girls, creates interviews for said vacancies.

Oh fuck this shit, I don't feel like carrying out my thought anymore.

Fuck all these coaches, they're all a bunch of snakes.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Poor Arthur Blanke though. He doesn't seem like he's that bad of a guy to have these things happen to him.

Blog Entries
    IBSCBPTLB
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    In Before SportsCenter...

Blog Entries
    It's one thing to break a contract for an upward move at the end of the season and another to leave during the season when you are preaching to your players about how important it is to not give up.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    If you guys can track down Bob Greise's comments on this topic, it's awesome.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Man, Petrino's going to hear it if Arkansas plays @ Georgia next year...

+ Reply to Thread