+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SAC/DET

SAC/DET

Time for Something New? I haven't seen any Sacramento trade ideas so...

We deal Prince and Kwame for Kenny Thomas and Andres Nocioni.

They deal nothing of substance really, but gain a dude that has been there and done that when it comes to the playoffs.

This deal gets us an expiring contract and we basically replace Tay with Nocioni (though Nocioni's deal is 1 season longer)

Thoughts/fuck yous?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I'm open to any deal with RIP and or Tay that gives us Bosh money. Anything else I am leery of unless it brings back a young decent center directly.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I wouldn't mind plucking Greene from them. A big and a youngster with upside.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Chris, you're the numbers guy so...

If we did this deal and then sent Rip and Summers to Minnesota for Blount, Cardinal and their worst first round pick would we have Bosh money?

Tahoe - depending on how much Greene makes we might be able to include him in the deal.

The sactown deal gets us about 4 mil in space. The Minny deal would get us almost 13. I think that would be enough to sign Bosh (if he did in fact want to be here).

The only problem is how do you know both will happen? I'd move RIP first. I'm much more confident we could find another deal for Prince if this one didn't work out.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Of course both happen - we're in fantasy trade land

So, after doing both deals we essentially have Nocioni and the Wolves worst first rounder instead of Tay and Rip and Summers.

Bosh wants to come here and forces a sign and trade with Toronto. We send them our 2010 and the pick we got from Minny.

Roster/Rotation: Big Ben, Bosh, Nocioni, BG, Stuckey, Bynum, Daye, Jerebko, Nova, Maxiell, Wilcox, our 2nd rounder ...

WTFChris - if we did a sign and trade for Bosh (sending those 2 picks ONLY in the deal) would we have any room left over to sign someone, or would we be left with next to nothing (less than $1.5 mil)?

What is the sign and trade amount?

The max.

He ain't coming here for less than he could get elsewhere. He forces the S&T to get the most money possible, but he's not a moron and wants out of T-dot cause they haven't come close to building a winner around him since 2003.

Max money for Bosh is about 16.5 mil starting salary. The difference in year 1 will be less than a mil for him between S&T or outright signing with a new team. The yearly raises is where it matters (10.5% vs 8%):

16.5 starting with 10.5% raises = 129 mil over 6 years
    16.5 starting with 8% raises = 121 mil over 6 years

So in 2010...

RIP (12.65 mil), Tay (11.15), Summers (.6?) gone

Bosh (16.5), Nocionni (6.85) here.

That amounts to about a mil in cap space (not counting the second rounder or a Bynum extension), which means no cap space.

We would not have the MLE because we renounce our FA's to get Bosh money (unless they want all of our FA's instead, yeah right).

We'd shave 10 mil off the following year (Nocionni and Wilcox), but would extend Stuckey as well. I would think we'd still use the MLE though.

+ Reply to Thread