Darko/Arroyo to Magic for Cato & '07 or '08 1st rd pick

(title edited -matt)

Sucko for Brevin Knight and a pick

EDIT: The third post in this thread should be the first post. -Glenn

Blog Entries

Trade Rumor Central (Darko edition)

Darko trade rumors/speculation.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-sports-print

Begging last week for trades: Denver's Earl Watson, Toronto's Eric Williams and Seattle's Danny Fortson. The talk is a top-10 draft pick will give you a shot at Detroit's Darko Milicic.
    Find a new slant.

The issue right now is that you don't know which teams are going to be top ten pick teams as the league is so mediocre outside the elite teams.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Blog Entries

Re: Trade Rumor Central (Darko edition)

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    Sucko for Brevin Knight and a pick
    I'd do Darko & Arroyo for Knight, Jumaine Jones (backup for Tay, expiring deal) and a future 1st.

Would they?

We'd immediately be improving the value of that 1st by sending them Darko, especially if they play him.
    Find a new slant.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Bobcats seem to balk at spending cash...so they might not want to pick up Darko only to find out that they can't afford him or don't want to pony up the necessary funds.

Charlotte would want to protect the pick - and that's something I wouldn't want to do considering the could improve rather quickly if they got a Morrison or Gay in this years draft, added to a healthy Okafor and Raymond Felton.

Maybe if the deal was that they'd have to trade their top three pick to fall back in the draft(no later than 8th) and then send us that pick sorta deal. This way they'd still be getting rewarded for winning the lottery as they'd be getting a solid player in return for droping from top three to eighth(at worst).

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kilo
    The issue right now is that you don't know which teams are going to be top ten pick teams as the league is so mediocre outside the elite teams.
    the seasons half over...the bobcats have one of the worst records no?

yes....I like arroyo though....lets get ray felton so esther baxter can come to all the games

Yeah Charlotte is a non-playoff team, however they'll want to top three protect their pick(if not more). And with a real chance they end up with at worst the 4th pick, we wouldn't get their pick this year. Next year might be a better draft class, however they could be a play-off team this time next year wit Okafor, Milicic, Felton and Morrison sorta deal.

Looking at the standings I onl think you can say five teams are locks to miss the play-offs - Charlotte, Atlanta, NYK, Portland and probably Seattle.

I'd do something with Atlanta where we'd send them Milicic for an unprotected first round pick, but I don't think they'd touch that. And much like the Charlotte situation. They get an Aldridge or Morrison trade their pick for a true pointguard and they could be a play-off team next year and they'd owe PHX the pick first.

Blog Entries
    Nic (Mt. Pleasant): Does any team think they can make darko into an nba player and if so what do you think the pistons can get for him?

John Hollinger: (3:39 PM ET ) You'd be surprised how many teams still think highly of him. The Pistons could get a decent player or a fairly high draft pick for him even now.
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10749
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread