+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you Like Joey do you also like Darko?

If you Like Joey do you also like Darko?

Joey and Darko appear to have the same forces surrounding them.. I have longed wondered if people's opinions on these two end up on the same side of the argument. What I want to know is if you support Joey are you also a Darko supporter and vice-versa?

I am willing to bet that there are very few that support one but not the other. Guess will find out.

For the record I support neither and wish they both would go away.

Blog Entries
    I'm anti to both. Get them both the fuck out of here.

I've been comparing these two for about a year now Geck, I'm glad that someone else sees the similarities.
    Find a new slant.

There is one difference between the two.

One likes banging skanky whores from Pontiac and the other well...

I don't like Darko (bad additute), and I'm indifferent on Joey. I like his professsionalism and all, but I'm skeptic he'll pan out here (we'll see with Martz).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    3 similarities off the top of my head...

1. Hope.
    Hope is what keeps everyone from seeing things as they normally would if these guys weren't on the home team. I think most fans of these guys are just hoping upon hope that they pan out and that they weren't draft day blunders.

2. Treated with kid gloves.
    Both have been treated with kid gloves by management. You don't want to hurt their feelings or "lose them" or you'll never get them back. Darko gets force-fed playing time and playoff roster slots based only on his draft position and his salary. Joey gets handed playing time for the same reasons. Does anybody actually think that there was ever open competition for the QB job last year before the season? Neither have actually earned ANYTHING.

3. Lack of heart.
    I know the "Detroit mentality" thing is a bit overplayed, but I think it's undenyable here. The next time I see either of these guys do something gutsy or something that takes balls, it will be the first.
    Find a new slant.

I agree with the first two. Not the third. Joey has heart IMO. He takes a lot of critism, never backs down from a challenge, plays behind a bad OL and never misses time. He's been boo'd, benched, etc and never complains. He blaims dropped passes on himself.

Darko on the other hand is quick to look at someone else as the reason he's not playing, instead of showing the coach why he should be in there.

One HUGE difference in them is PT. Joey has been the starter here for 4 years. Darko hardly plays.

I actually think Darko is a better comparison to Rogers. Heck, they are even the same pick #.

Minimal PT, questionable additute. Bad off the court habits. Lazy at times. Tons of talent.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I agree with Chris here, for the same reasons he listed.

What's this the Waffle House thread. I kinda sorta like and hope these guys do well cause awh shucks it would be just disappoinitng and I feel they both could excel if put into the perfect situation surrounded by hall of famers and given ooodles of time to develop.

Gimme a break. You all hate these two and try to find reasons you shouldn't.

I like all the 5 Lions young skill position players as well as Darko. I believe the Lions will explode in a good way with Martz, and Darko will sign a large extension and pan out eventually.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    I like all the 5 Lions young skill position players as well as Darko. I believe the Lions will explode in a good way with Martz, and Darko will sign a large extension and pan out eventually.
    Where?

+ Reply to Thread