+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dunleavy goes hack-a-Ben, Flip pulls Ben

Dunleavy goes hack-a-Ben, Flip pulls Ben

With the game still tight (within 7) with a little more than 2 mins to go Dunleavy starts hacking Ben. Flip quickly pulls ben out for Dice.

I understand why Flip would 'want' to pull Ben but I don't like the message he sent by doing that.

Flip just told the league that you can take the DPOY out a close game if you start hacking him. Not many coach's do what Dunleavy has now done twice but you got to wonder if more will now try.

Poor decision by Flip in my opinion.

Nobody else is going to do that to Ben. He has too much respect around the league. Dunleavy is just an asshole. Besides, if you are a coach, it sends a bad message to your players when you start telling them to foul a player.

what would keeping Ben have proved?

what if the Clippers had pulled the game within a few baskets?

i think the message is, try that crap, and we're deep enough to make you pay. Dice came in, got a rebound and a tip in. players like Sheed probably got fired up because of it....resulting in back to back three pointers.

the egg was on Dunleavy's face tonight. he's tried it twice and it didn't work either time.

It was a fine decision. In fact, I bet Ben told him to take him out. You think he likes that situation? Having everyone rely on him to do something he isn't comfortable with?

Yeah. Great move on Flip's part. LA was hitting some baskets during the short "Hack-a-Ben" stretch, so I dont have any problem with it.

Dunleavy can suck a dick

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    i think the message is, try that crap, and we're deep enough to make you pay. Dice came in, got a rebound and a tip in. players like Sheed probably got fired up because of it....resulting in back to back three pointers.

what he said.

Message to Cindy Kate please alter the word filter so that when anyone types "dunleavy" it is displayed as Bumleavy. Mike and his sone suck balls.

Flip said in post game that ben said to give dice minutes. So he put dice in
    Pistons Video Collecton - http://Atifonline.net

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    good for ben. kind of funny though, that flip did it because ben said so. either way, love that team mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by SlasherX
    Flip said in post game that ben said to give dice minutes. So he put dice in
    That's good to know.

I feel much more comfortable knowing that Ben was not only OK with the decision but he was the one who proposed it.

+ Reply to Thread