+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Ever been on a team that was bad?

Basketball coaches are babysitters until you get the varsity level really, I noticed that none of them really understand and teach the game to us, just make us run, tell us plays, and yell when we fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by GotCrotty?
    I noticed that none of them really understand and teach the game to us, just make us run, tell us plays, and yell when we fuck up.
    Thats all my coach does. I dont even know the other coaches voice because(not that I need to know) because he's the only coach in probably Michigan who yells at middle school kids. He's not mean, but he just yells out a bunch of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by GotCrotty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Our team does have talent but my coach sucks. He has no idea what he's doing.
    You'll find that the rest of your sports career, I think I had one good coach my whole life, and he wasn't a school coach.
    me, right?

I played soccer when I was like 7 years old and we had this coach that was absolutely out of control. This guy was like Stan Van Gundy on speed. He ended up getting thrown out after attacking a ref during a basketball game (he coached baseball/soccer/basketball) a few years later. Crazy Carl.

Anyway. I don't think he was a great coach but dude always had the best teams.

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Played in a rec basketball league with some "far" friends. Beat the worst team in the division, but couldn't finish against any others. Like 1-7 record or something like that.

Fun times though. Lots of nailbiters too.

And beer afterwards.

-ojay!

+ Reply to Thread