+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pistons are so good its boring?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

The Pistons are so good its boring?

from the daily dime
    Smith (Dallas): Personally I think your Power Rankings are boring. As a Mavs fan, I know that unless Detroit has a major meltdown, there's no way the Mavs will be No. 1. They might sneak up to No. 2 every once in a while if the Spurs slip up. Otherwise I know they'll be No. 3 on your list, week in and week out. How 'bout moving the Mavs up just to spark some controversy? They're really hot right now!

Mike (Palatine, Ill.): As a lifelong Detroit fan, I'm almost getting bored with the Pistons being on top of the rankings every week. It means I can't complain about a lack of respect any more!

Big Ben readies to dunk over KG in Detroit's 107-83 win. The Pistons' dominance has prompted some users to lobby for a drop from No. 1 in Marc Stein's Power Rankings, just to spice things up .

damn people never said this when other teams held it down. but i guess power rankings werent as popular then.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I am finding myself becomming bored. I can turn off large portions of most games now and feel like I didn't miss a thing. This is something I can't ever recall doing in the many years I have been watching. Where's the drama? It's almost a surprising when they don't win by 20 points. Wake me up when the playoffs start. This coming from a 6 year season ticket holder.

nothing boring about chasing history.

if they fall off pace, i'll probably lose interest.

It's true. I barely watch anymore. So boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    It's true. I barely watch anymore. So boring.
    How can you say it's boring to watch the Pistons throw down on some hapless chumps? The best part of that game last night, aside from Chauncey's ridiculous display of shooting, was when the guys who barely play got in there and watching the bench go apeshit for them.

I was flipping between the Red Wings and Pistons last night, and even though the Red Wings were in a 1-1 tie late in the third, I kept going back to the Pistons blowout. It was just more entertaining to me.

It's not as dramatic, but I find it just as entertaining.
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    It's not as dramatic, but I find it just as entertaining.
    i also do but im a diehard piston fan. i stuck around for some serious ass whoopings here and there from other teams. why not enjoy the role reversal.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    DOes this belong in the things your ashamed to admit thread?

I fell asleeep before 8pm last night and missed the game, then got up for a bottle for my kid at 2:30 am, and jumped on the computer to check the score while the bottle was heating up in the nuker.

BTW: I watch the games from beginning to end, but because the Pistons have a tendency not to show up for the 1st quarter of almost ANY game in recent memory, I keep threatening (myself) that I'm going to be like them and not show up until the second quarter, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

I should of added that it's possible that having a new baby and enjoying a new business opportunities could shift my attention away from the Pistons some. I just miss the days of climbing the mountain, but in no way would I give up being king of the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    I fell asleeep before 8pm last night and missed the game, then got up for a bottle for my kid at 2:30 am, and jumped on the computer to check the score while the bottle was heating up in the nuker.
    Careful Melo, nukers heat the bottle unevenly and can cause areas of the milk/formula to become substantially hotter then other areas, burning the childs mouth even when the bottle is "checked".
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread