+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Iran crisis (What to do)

I think Israel knows exactly where all the key targets are in Iran - Mossad is scary shit.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Let the people rise up....oh you mean like what we were hoping for in Iraqi?

Art
    ouch

that plan hasnt been too great as of late.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Gecko:

You're not playing fair.

You compare the situation in Iran to the situation in Iraq in your first post in this thread - - - and then tell everyone responding to that post not to discuss Iraq.

I'll answer as best I can:

1. Targeted strikes;

2. No, I don't see the similarities you'd like me to see. Every single thing about the leadup to Iraq and the leadup to Iraq are different.
    Bah! I made no such comparisons, the article did and it was at a very elemetary level. If you were the next leader walking into office of the USA, and of a different party, you wouldn't be sitting around a table whining about how the past administration wronged you and the American ppl, you would figure out a way to deal with it. Pretend your a leader for goodness sakes and come up with a plan instead of blaming.

Besides, you answered my question beautifully well without resorting to attacks against the bush admin. Targeted strikes is your answer.
    Honestly, I thought that from the words "Sound familiar" on it was your writing. My bad. The author made the comparisons. Although I'm guilty of this too, if you'd put his words in a quote block, it would be easier to differentiate his words from yours.

And yes, I did answer your questions beautifully well without resorting to attacks against the Bush admin. I rock!

I did catch the tail end of an interesting discussion late last night. Can't remember what show it was on, but they had experts (also can't remember if they were congressmen or military guys - yes I was drunk), talking about the best option, and one of the things one of them said was targeted strikes could be a problem, because we may not know where all of their facilities are, and they are also heavily fortified and underground - that they learned a lot about when Israel bombed nuclear facilities in the past and built facilities that are much harder to get with airstrikes. This guy was suggesting we would have to actually attack Iran with ground troops.

I don't know how legitimate what he's saying is. I'd have to imagine that although they have better technology to fortify the facilities, we have much tougher "bunker busters" and other munitions. Its the only time I've heard anyone suggest air strikes might not work. I'm guessing the guy is wrong. Also, one of his major concerns was if we only know about 3 facilities, and they have a 4th one hidden, once we strike them they will strike from the 4th facility. But I don't understand that argument. I don't think anyone is suggesting they already have a bomb, and if they don't haven't built the bombs yet, and we move quick, they aren't striking shit, even if we miss a facility.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Gecko:

You're not playing fair.

You compare the situation in Iran to the situation in Iraq in your first post in this thread - - - and then tell everyone responding to that post not to discuss Iraq.

I'll answer as best I can:

1. Targeted strikes;

2. No, I don't see the similarities you'd like me to see. Every single thing about the leadup to Iran and the leadup to Iraq are different.
    I like the idea of targeted strikes. Lets send W on one personally,he likes wearing flight suits.

+ Reply to Thread