+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How many games will Sheed be suspended for?

How many games will Sheed be suspended for?

Well, Sheed got technical number 9 tonight. 16 gets you a suspension. I'm going for an even 20, which would equal 3 games (he's on pace for 23). Hopefully it won't hurt the Pistons.

Dice will start in his place and Davis will get the bench minutes.

I think we've got another big on the bench to handle some minutes but I can't remember his name.

Oh, it's Maxiell.

So there you go. 3 guys that can fill in if/when Sheed sits out a game or 3.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

What are the chances that Sheed will try to tone it down if/when the number of technicals gets closer to the magic 16 in order to avoid a suspension?

I'm assuming he couldn't care less and will continue to play with the same emotion he always does.

I don't think he'll tone it down.

If he stopped it he wouldn't be the player we all know and love/hate
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

The rule is fucking retarded by the way. Sheed is the only guy in the league who gets pointless techs and not flagrants, team suspensions and all of that stuff. He is the only guy really hurt by this rule. Fortson could get suspended for too many techs as well but him getting suspended is inevitable and Rasheed would otherwise be a model player.

I don't understand why this rule was even necessary. Is hanging on the rim too much after a dunk, trash talking and arguing with refs really that big of a deal? All of this shit is really what makes basketball fun for everyone to watch.

If stern ever got his wish of having no negative media or attitudes in the NBA no one would watch it. out of all the people who watch basketball games how many look at the fundamentals in the game? there's only a handful, and if you need proof look at the all-star voting. People want to see a player with cocky swagger showing off while representing their home team.
    k

Like Pharoah said, we have our bench full of big men. Max Dice Davis and hell stuff Darko in there. I am too lazy to research but does this go into the playoffs?

Will the regular season techs carry over into the playoffs? So lets say Sheed does in fact get 20 in the regular season. Will he get subsequent suspensions in the playoffs for each technical he will receive?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    What I can't fucking stand is Sheed getting a tech for not saying ANYTHING, and then I have to watch opposing coaches jump up and down, swear, walk on the court, scream in ref's faces, and NOT get a tech every damn night in OUR building.

Van Gundy, Riley, Jerry Sloan, Bob Hill (who tore off his coat and threw it - "the cause of riots in Detroit" according to some), etc. etc. etc. - no techs.

Rasheed "what did I do" - TECH.

WTF?!?!?!?!?

Then some officials are quoted as saying they sometimes T up Sheed merely as a preventative measure early in games, to control him before he even says anything wrong, and now our team is going to have to suffer from a suspension?

Bullshit.

If there's going to be a suspension for techs system, there should be a tech appeal system, where Sheed can argue he didn't deserve the tech so it shouldn't count against him.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Quote Originally Posted by NoFlyZone
    Will the regular season techs carry over into the playoffs? So lets say Sheed does in fact get 20 in the regular season. Will he get subsequent suspensions in the playoffs for each technical he will receive?
    You start off with a clean slate in the playoffs. Once you get your 7th T, you get a suspension, and every other one after that gets you another game. This will make it all the more critical to not waste games in the first two rounds this year.

I don't have a problem at all with this rule. Shut up and play basketball, and quit bitching to the refs.

+ Reply to Thread