+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DET/POR/UTA

DET/POR/UTA

Based on the Prince to Utah for Boozer, Prince to Portand for cap space off-season thing:

Detroit gets Andre Miller, Carlos Boozer

Portland get Tayshaun Prince

Utah gets Kwame Brown, Travis Outlaw, Austin Daye, 2010 Detroit Pick

For Utah they deal out $12.3 mil and only take back $9.3 - saving them some serious coin this season while netting Daye and our 2010 Pick as assets.

If they intend to let Boozer walk after the season then this is a sweet deal for them.

Portland right now are hit by injuries, even their guards are dropping like flies. Blake is out, Roy is carrying an injury - it's one trainwreck over there (and we do love a trainwreck, right?) This deal is more for when they are all healthy as Prince would be extremely valauble to them in the playoffs should they make it.

If they don't make it he's an expiring contract they could dangle with some youth for a star in the off-season or on Draft Day (which should be known as Portland Trade Day)

For us? We get a leader at PG and a beast at PF who also happens to be an expiring contract. Try before you buy and worst case scenario he walks and we make a play for David Lee or someone else

I realise acquiring Miller creates a logjam at the guard positions but he essentially brings everything Stuckey lacks. And I think it's time the organisation came to terms with the fact that Stuckey is far more valuable as trade bait than he is as a PG.

Our cap space + Stuckey = ??? Let Joe be King... again
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Problem is we only get about 6 mil in cap space from this (Tay's 11.1 mil plus Daye's 1.8 minus Miller's 7.2). Unless you can get rid of Max or Wilcox as well you won't have a shot at Lee. Certainly no shot at Bosh or Amare.

It definitely makes us better this year, but not next year. I highly doubt Boozer stays.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Well, fuck! Looks like a wasted 3 minutes of my life with all those trades...

It's a shame too, cause I like fucking around with the ESPN machine and trying to come up with "fair" trades is one of the "perks" of being a fan of a rebuilding team.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread