+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Gordon's Ankle Injury

Ben Gordon's Ankle Injury

Royally fucked up or just fucked up?

We'ew getting blown out so there is no point playing on it.

They'll know by tomorrow if it's serious.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    If you consider the fact that Bynum's playing on two bad ankles as well, this is just crazy.

Did Arnie forget how to tape?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    If you consider the fact that Bynum's playing on two bad ankles as well, this is just crazy.

Did Arnie forget how to tape?

Stuckey is sabotaging them somehow. I can just see it...

"I'm the scoring leader!" while dipping Ben g, Will B, and Rip H shoes in astroglide.
    k

Or maybe because this is the "wasted" season the players don't give a fuck and will sit out whenever they can?

Bynum wants to play every single game cause he's in a contract year but if he's hurting (and his past few games indicate he is) then he should sit. He's not doing himself or the team any favours by being out there at less than 100%

BUT if BG and Rip are both out does that mean we Stuckey starts at SG and Bynum starts at PG? That would be interesting

i dunno, seems like Daye will start at SG.

Judging by what I read from Langlois and other various pistons propaganda it seems as if they would do anything they can to not start Bynum at PG. I don't know why, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Chucky start first. Maybe it's Bynum's contract, maybe Stuckey's ego, or maybe it's just coaching/management hardheadedness but they seem VERY intent on relegating him to a bench role.
    Realistically I can somewhat understand though. IF bynum were to start and post up a 18/8 on good shooting and low turnovers could you imagine how hard it would be to take him out of that starting gig? However if there was ever a time to set him up for failure, right now while he's on a gimpy ankle would be that time. I could kinda see him starting, trying to play without his explosiveness and sucking, then be relegated to a deep bench role the rest of the season. Most of the fans would eat it pretty easily.
    k

Blog Entries
    Koolaid owns.

Can I be your crony?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid
    i dunno, seems like Daye will start at SG.

Judging by what I read from Langlois and other various pistons propaganda it seems as if they would do anything they can to not start Bynum at PG. I don't know why, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Chucky start first. Maybe it's Bynum's contract, maybe Stuckey's ego, or maybe it's just coaching/management hardheadedness but they seem VERY intent on relegating him to a bench role.
    Maybe, just maybe Bynum (at his best) is needed coming off the bench?

How many times have we been losing, he's checked into the game and started a run?

I think that happens a bit - because he is amped and ready to run. It stuns the other team for a few because he's just off to the races out there.

And that's his job - to come in and make shit happen. And he excels in that role. And if we ever hope to win a game he is needed in that role.

WTF would we do if he started? Who's gonna bring that energy and effort and get the crowd into it? You think Stuckey could do that? Or Daye? Or Summers? Or Chucky?

Shit, you move Bynum into the starting unit and we're cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Maybe, just maybe Bynum (at his best) is needed coming off the bench?

How many times have we been losing, he's checked into the game and started a run?

I think that happens a bit - because he is amped and ready to run. It stuns the other team for a few because he's just off to the races out there.

And that's his job - to come in and make shit happen. And he excels in that role. And if we ever hope to win a game he is needed in that role.

WTF would we do if he started? Who's gonna bring that energy and effort and get the crowd into it? You think Stuckey could do that? Or Daye? Or Summers? Or Chucky?

Shit, you move Bynum into the starting unit and we're cooked.
    Great post!!!

dude you're right.

we should put CV, BG, Rip and Tay on the bench too. That'd be fucking awesome.

You could turn on the TV everyday and be like 'wow, these guys are great off the bench'. Now if only we had a starting unit that did something.

If Bynum went to the starting unit, one of Stuckey or BG would go to the bench. That should answer your little question of who takes his place right there. Unless you're talking about right now, but thats just silly because the team is so riddled with injuries that there is no bench.
    k

+ Reply to Thread