Game 2 -- Sunday at Detroit, 2 p.m., NBC
    Game 3 -- Tuesday at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m., FSN, Versus
    Game 4 -- Thursday, May 7 at Anaheim, 10:30 p.m., Versus
    x-Game 5 -- Sunday, May 10 at Detroit, 5 p.m., FSN
    x-Game 6 -- Tuesday, May 12 at Anaheim, TBD, FSN, Versus
    x-Game 7 -- Thursday, May 14 at Detroit, TBD, FSN, Versus
    x-if necessary

I'm glad I can actually watch more than game one
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I CANT WAIT FOR A HOCKEY GAME!

I agree. This series can't come soon enough.

I think that the Ducks might have taken the Wings in round one but the Wings seem to be back to playoff form. I think they'll do what every team thinks it should do against the Wings (and Wojo has a great column today on this): they'll play uber-physical and believe that they can intimidate .

Oh yeah, and I fucking hate Pronger. I still get goose bumps every time I remember Stevie Y low-bridging the fuck and ruining that bastard's knee.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I think this is the possibility that that I was least looking forward to, but...

HOCKEY TIME!!!

Damn, can't watch game 1. I'll be watching every other game though. I suppose I could try to catch it at a bar somewhere.
    _

I hope this layoff doesn't squash that swerve we had on.

As long as the Wings keep an eye on Charlie Conway and Adam Banks they should be fine. Banks has been on a roll lately, but he's just a cake-eater. Fulton Reed has a fantastic slap shot and Ken Wu has some great figure skating-esque moves, but I'm pretty sure Lidstrom and Rafalski can handle them. I just hope Stuart and Kronwall don't take it easy on Connie Moreau because she's a chick.

If the Wings can get a couple of early goals on Goldberg, I think his confidence faulters and we take the series pretty easily. I just think Gordon Bombay has lost his passion for coaching. I heard he returned to alcoholism, but owner "Mr. Ducksworth" isn't saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Cake-eater...lol

"You frickin cake-eater" I'm going to use that.

1 MORE DAY!

Yeah, I'm getting really hyped for this. I even had my Datsyuk jersey sent to me. I've been thinking a lot about the series (read too much) and here are some of the things I hope to see:

1. I hope the Ducks take stupid penalties and we can kill them on the powerplay. I think if we can convert at 25% we hurt them and if we get to 30% they're in trouble.

2. I hope we can still get goals and great shifts from our three and four lines. I'm fine with our one or two line just working to shut down their one line. It's way more important for their production than our top two lines are for ours.

3. I hope we can keep getting goals around the net. I missed big chunks of the Columbus series (Dad guy stuff I guess you could say), but I saw a lot of goals with guys in front of the goalie or picking up and shooting the puck all in tight around the net. It took a toll on one great young goalie and I'd like to see it again.

4. I hope we move our feet and the puck fast in our own end. Aside from the fact that when we don't move it fast we tend to make mistakes, I think they'll really try and pressure us and hope that they can forecheck the hell out of us. I'd love to see the Wings move out quickly in their own end and put the Ducks on their heels.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    As long as the Wings keep an eye on Charlie Conway and Adam Banks they should be fine. Banks has been on a roll lately, but he's just a cake-eater. Fulton Reed has a fantastic slap shot and Ken Wu has some great figure skating-esque moves, but I'm pretty sure Lidstrom and Rafalski can handle them. I just hope Stuart and Kronwall don't take it easy on Connie Moreau because she's a chick.

If the Wings can get a couple of early goals on Goldberg, I think his confidence faulters and we take the series pretty easily. I just think Gordon Bombay has lost his passion for coaching. I heard he returned to alcoholism, but owner "Mr. Ducksworth" isn't saying anything.
    LOL

+ Reply to Thread