+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: First Presidential debate 9/26

First Presidential debate 9/26

Looks like McCain doesn't have a lot of support from CNN viewers/readers. Check out the comments after this article:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/20...ntial-debates/
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I heard yesterday that they are expecting 100 million + viewers for this.
    Find a new slant.

I think it will be very interesting. Especially when you consider the public speaking edge Obama has and the temper McCain has. This one has more to it than just issues to watch.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Everyone is selling McCain short here, but he is a decent debater and this is a foreign policy forum, it should be up his alley. I'd be very surprised if the media message afterwards wasn't "McCain explodes with strong performance, grills Obama...blah blah."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I heard yesterday that they are expecting 100 million + viewers for this.
    i heard that too, but 100 million = 30% of the country including kids. I'd be surprised if they had half that many, especially on a fri night. I suspect a large fraction of the country has made up their minds.

Nonetheless, i suspect mccain will take a very aggressive foreign policy stance, accuse obama of not 'putting country first' whenever obama disagrees with him, and ridiculously exaggerating palin's credentials. i suspect obama will take a more aggressive than is prudent to not 'appear weak', accuse mccain of grandstanding, cite the money spent in iraq that could be spent at home, and repeatedly praise the efforts of the troops. Overall, I doubt that mccain's temper will come out unless he is utterly unprepared to answer a specific question. I am most interested to see how they respond to recent attacks conducted in Pakistan and derided by the Pakistani govt. obama has promised to pursue al qaeda in Pakistan even without Pakistani approval, but he will claim that bush hasn't been careful enough in identifying high-value targets prior to attacks. I suppose mccain will retract some of his opposition to obama's promise to engage al qaeda in Pakistan, but will attempt to exaggerate obama's position to be more dangerous than what bush has done (although that would be a lie).
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

BO has so many 'ahs' and uhs and this's and that's that he starting to bug me. I read about his speaking style actually NOT being that great cuz he can't get to the point.

What time is it, Barack?

"Well, uh, first we uh need to uh talk about clocks"

By the time he gets too his answer the audience is asleep.

JM isn't going to dazzle 100k peeps, but he 'should' do Ok, here.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Now THAT is worth an LOL.

^ Sorry, had to keep up my partisan role around here or things would get really boring.
    Players meeting my ASS!

And I actually did read that DrRay and, AND it was on CNN, iirc. It was after that 911 tribute thing. They said in that format, BO SUCKS. Not really, it said something about him not getting to the point or his answer quick enough.

I know thats damn near blasphemy around here to say BO isn't that good on some of his oral skillz, but thats what it said.

I'm not lying on that part.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    He actually thinks about his answer.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread