+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: char/det

char/det

rip/sheed for jrich or geraldwallace/emeka

whoever we get frmo char, we get rebounding for sure. jrich is a pretty good rebounder because he's bigger than rip. emeka obviously is a better rebounder than sheed but hes got no post game, but then detrtoit never had any post points anyways.

if we bring in Emeka, then Max has to go. Can't have those two playing together up front.

I'd rather do Sheed/Max/#29 for Emeka and #9 (would they do that? If not a future pick could be included).

use #9 on Jordan.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Chris, I actually think they would consider that, and honestly I would consider that a steal. We would get a chance to land two future starters. You can't go wrong at #9.

Yours Truly,
    Rodney White
    Last edited by BIG BEN'S FRO; 06-05-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    How much $ to you give Okafor then?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    How much $ to you give Okafor then?

less than what he's already turned down, especially after his '08 campaign...

Blog Entries
    How do you know that he'll take less? That would be the reason that Charlotte would deal him, wouldn't it?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    How do you know that he'll take less? That would be the reason that Charlotte would deal him, wouldn't it?

I don't know that he'll take less, he probably won't because then he would be admitting he made a mistake last offseason. I just don't think hes worth that much money, long term...

Sergei took less to play out west for Anaheim. Maybe he values winning more.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    So do you do a deal for Okafor and just "hope" that he'll take less?
    Find a new slant.

You'd hope he wants a resonable amount to be here and you work out that before making the trade.

Worst case is you make the deal regardless and he wants big money. Does he find a team with big money? Who knows. Maybe you work out a S&T after next year. Maybe he just walks. In that case you got a one year rental for Sheed. If he doesn't sign an extension, you can work out a deadling deal with him I guess.

I don't know. It wouldn't be the first deal I do, but I'd rather take the chance on Emeka signing and the #9 then stand pat with Sheed and Max when I know neither provides a long term post solution.

+ Reply to Thread