+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DET/HOU/UTA

DET/HOU/UTA

I'll give another shot at getting Tmac here...

RIP to Utah
    Sheed to Houston

Boozer to Detroit
    Korver to Houston

Tmac to Detroit

Salaries work anyway.

Rotations:

PG Billups/Stuckey
    SG Tmac/Stuckey
    SF Tay/MLE (Childress?)
    PF Boozer/Max/Amir
    C Dyess/Ratliff/Amir

PG Williams/Price/hart
    SG RIP/Miles
    SF Brewer/Harpring
    PF Ak47/Millsap
    C Memo/Koufus

PG Alston/Jackson/Brooks
    SG Korver/Head
    SF Battier/Greene
    PF Sheed/Scola
    C Yao/Sheed
    Last edited by WTFchris; 07-17-2008 at 11:02 AM.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    We give up Rip and Sheed and get Tmac and Boozer?

The rest of the NBA would revolt.

It would be like that scene from Frankenstein.

They would have torches and would be surrounding the Palace.

Joe would throw out Langlois as a sacrifice to the angry masses.
    Find a new slant.

Well, we could afford to give up Max or Amir too (to Houston)

I think Utah would gladly move Boozer and Korver for RIP. They can't afford to extend Boozer and Korver doesn't do anything but chuck 3's (Harpring is a decent 3 point shooter and plays defense). RIP complements Brewer nicely and would thrive off a true PG.

Houston gets an elite big man to pair with Yao. Greene is lighting up the summer league so they can afford to move Tmac to clear PT for him (he'd probably start over Korver after not too long). Battier makes up for Korver's defensive liabilities and Korver and Sheed clear the paint for Yao.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

While we're at it lets send Tay and Amir (sending Max in the previous deal) to Atlanta for Smith and sign PJ Brown to the MLE:

PG Billups/Stuckey/Bynum
    SG Tmac/Stuckey/AA
    SF Smith/Herrmann/Sharpe
    PF Boozer/Brown
    C Dyess/Brown/Ratliff

How scary would that be?

Blog Entries
    PJ Brown is retiring, IIRC
    Find a new slant.

I'm just not seeing that deal working. For some reason, it just seems like all 3 teams wouldn't agree
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    For some reason, it just seems like all 3 teams wouldn't agree
    How come?

I really don't know.

Maybe I feel like they'd want more for TMac?

Maybe I feel like they'd want a little more for Boozer AND Korver?

Every time I look at it I see something different. All I really know is we make out like bandits and I'd love it!
    _

Blog Entries
    And Langlois dies, to boot!
    Find a new slant.

Well, Sheed/Max/Korver may or may not be enough for Tmac, I don't know. But picks can always balence that out too.

RIP for Boozer/Korver may not be fair, but I think it is when you consider salaries. Boozer may walk for nothing next year. Korver is very overpaid for not doing much more than Hayes does. Utah will have to make some hard choices on who to let go if they don't move some salary. And RIP can run in the open floor with Williams and Brewer too.

+ Reply to Thread