+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Josh Smith to the D?

Blog Entries

Josh Smith to the D?

What would you guys deem as a fair trade for a re-signed Smith?

What kind of contract would you give him?

Would Sheed be a good fit back in Atlanta with Woodson?

I'm guessing they wouldn't want Tay, since they would likely re-sign Childress.
    Find a new slant.

Tay/Max/1st for Smith/Childress would be cool.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Tay/Max/1st for Smith/Childress would be cool.
    Dream on. The $ wouldn't even be close.
    Find a new slant.

I suppose you are right, Smith will probably want something like 5-6 years at 60-70 mil.

How did Law do this year? There could be some sort of Billups/Tay/Max for Smith/Childress/Law deal salary wise.

I liked Law in college, but I'm not sure how he did last year.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I don't think they'd want Billups, Bibby and JJ. (That would be tough to face, though)

They have to get a center so Horford can play PF, IMO
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I don't think they'd want Billups, Bibby and JJ. (That would be tough to face, though)

They have to get a center so Horford can play PF, IMO
    Well, Bibby and Billups can both play off the ball, so that's not a problem (outside the money invested in those 3). I do think they could get better deals though.

If we traded them Sheed, we'd be drastically undersized. I would immediately want to do a Prince for Okefor swap or something to get back some size (but I don't know why Charlotte would do that).

Blog Entries
    I like that Prince for Okafor angle.

You like those 3 way deals, give that one a try.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I like that Prince for Okafor angle.

You like those 3 way deals, give that one a try.
    I'm not sure why they'd want J Rich, Wallace and Prince all at the 2/3 (along with Morrison too).

Maybe taking Morrison's crappy contract would help, but they'd still need some size in Charlotte. I'll give it a shot (but I'm skeptic).

Blog Entries
    Maybe Gerald Wallace goes to a 4th team for a big?
    Find a new slant.

This is the best I could come up with:

Detroit

Sheed to Atlanta
    Prince and Max to Charlotte

Atlanta
    Smith to Detroit
    Pachulia to Charlotte

Charlotte
    Okefor and Morrison to Detroit
    conditional pick to Atlanta?

I think Okefor would have to demand a trade though since they become undersized in this deal (relying on May and Pachulia a lot). Sending Wallace for a big would help them.

+ Reply to Thread