+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Utah moves largely to 4-day work week

Utah moves largely to 4-day work week

Well, are you all in favor of this? To combat some of the costs of energy, about 80% of state jobs in Utah have moved to a 4 day work week. I have to say, I wouldn't be upset if this became a larger movement. It works for a variety of people for a variety of reasons. I know some would be oppossed to the change for the mere fact that it's a change...

Just curious what you all thought of it.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...?se=yahoorefer
    Last edited by DrRay11; 07-01-2008 at 10:40 PM.

I think it's a great idea - my fiance already does 4-day work weeks here, and it works out better. I'm sure that the people will have a problem with it because of the "change" involved with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Do you mean govt. jobs? Cause I don't see how this works in the service industry.

I would be all for it. I don't mind a 10 hour day, but I'd love an extra day off.

Yeah, it does say "state jobs."

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I like the idea of working 4 10-hour days.

Shit, I like the idea of working 5 10-hour days. Maybe someday...keep hope alive! :\

I work 4 tens which is why I'm almost never here (@ WTF) on Fridays.

The week goes by a little quicker so you don't get as much done after work but 3 day weekends are the shit. It's great to forget that your first off day is friday and wake up Saturday and think, "Shit, I still have two days left of this."
    STEW BEEF!

Locally, Oakland and Macomb counties and the state of michigan have already either started offering the option or are exploring it.

I like the idea in general and would take the option myself if I had it. Seem like there'd be some pushback though in certain offices where it's hard to get things done when you can't count on getting key people together on a given day.

I'm on 4 ten's out here.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    When you work all the hours, days have no meaning.

+ Reply to Thread