+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Christmas 2007 (or Hannukah or Chanukah or Kwanzaa or whatever)

At that age he should be able to buy his own crap.

Blog Entries
    I think he has every right to be a bit miffed, only because his mother asked him what he would like as a gift, and even gave him a dollar limit to shoot for.

Might be a different story if that part wasn't in play, IMO.

But warring with Mom is probably not the best approach, as gee mentioned.

I'd probably just grab the phone and be honest with her in a civil tone.
    Find a new slant.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I'm going to quit this thread after this becauase most of you can't read. It's not about the presents. It's not ABOUT the presents. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE PRESENTS. Yes I can buy my own shit and I will, I didn't buy those things because my mom asked what I wanted and I told her those things but now I will buy them. It should be obvious that I'm not warring with my mom about just xmas because if I was I wouldn't have considered cutting her off two months ago. The gf is actually more pissed at her in general than I am, so brownie points there don't matter. In fact a lot of people that know me personally say I should be thankful that she hasn't broken up with me because of my mom. And to what you said Glenn about picking up the phone, I've done that almost every day for the last ten years with no progress.

Blog Entries
    Call mom and tell her that you are going emo because of the presents.

Might snap her back.
    Find a new slant.

Whats the deal Ux, you didn't get the presents you wanted? J/K

Seriously, I'm following you completely.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Miner
    All this, over presents?
    Find a new slant.

So what is your mom's problem with you? Did you ask her?

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    It's not about the presents. It's not ABOUT the presents. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE PRESENTS.
    Since the presents were the only concrete detail you dropped... people talked about the presents.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    It should be obvious that I'm not warring with my mom about just xmas because if I was I wouldn't have considered cutting her off two months ago.
    If she's really that evil, cut her off, then. Show her who's boss. Give her the Fredo Corleone smack on the lips and then send her "fishing" for her next birthday. Go out with the gf and raise a toast to the parental shunning. Victory, hoo rah, etc. You'll feel great about it.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Random thoughts:

- Da-yum! I wasn't expecting UxKa's responses to my innocent questions would make most everyone think he was some kind of emo. It was clear from the get-go that the tensions with his mother were more than about Christmas.

- People here are laughing at the Romo jersey, but I'll take a SWAG that they laughed when you suggested the PC power supply, right? Asking most parents to purchase technology gifts, be they for the computer or the automobile, is just an exercise in amusement at best, masochism at worst.

- No, the gf shouldn't give up anything. The fact that they gave her some good shit should make you happy, I suppose. I don't think "make people happy" as being the goal of Christmas giving. You should be happy with Christmas even if you don't receive any gifts at all.

- Having warred with parental units to the point that I am no longer in their last will and testament, sometimes, it takes a nasty blow-out fight and a prolonged cut-off to cause respect. All by itself, the Christmas antics don't rise to that level, but there's clearly more going on.

- If there was any reason that your gf might break up with you over your mom, though, then I'd suggest that you and|or your gf are too close to your mom. I absolutely refuse to permit my parents to get entangled in my romantic relationships (that being a big part of why I am no longer in their will).

- Keep in mind that it can be more annoying for a waitress to get a small tip than no tip at all. No tip means the customer maybe forgot. A tiny tip means the customer cared enough to screw you.

+ Reply to Thread