+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Blaha-isms - 2007/08

Blog Entries

New Blaha-isms - 2007/08

Anybody heard any new ones yet?

We've got a handful of new players, so I'm wondering what kind of verbal magic he's going to spin for us this year.

I'm imagining a Cheick "Slamb Dunk".

Find a new slant.

Talking

I need to get some love for 'Horn's "no free chili"

Blog Entries
    I've heard Blaha say "no free chili" before too, I assume Mahorn stole it from him and not vice versa.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Anybody else catch that little shot Blaha took at Pippen?

Kelser was talking about Pip and he said, "He is one of the 50 greatest players of all time", and Blaha added, "He was voted as one, at least."
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Anybody else catch that little shot Blaha took at Pippen?

Kelser was talking about Pip and he said, "He is one of the 50 greatest players of all time", and Blaha added, "He was voted as one, at least."
    That's why Blaha is the man.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

always willing to sign autographs after the game, I have chatted with him on several ocasions about golf.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    LOL @ the Pippen comment. Growing up in the Chicago area I saw a lot of Bulls games and I never saw why Pip was considered so great. People say 'What did Jordan do without Pippen?'. I say 'What did Pippen do without Jordan?'. Jordan won once he matured into the game. Pippen never won.

Anyway, I need to hear more Blaha apparantly. I never get to hear him other than a few games Matt Skyped me a while back. Someone mentioned that NBA.com will have free audio feeds this year, will it be local feeds aka Blaha or neutral announcers?

Oh yeah, better trademark 'Slamb Dunk' Glenn

UxKa, the NBA.com feeds are local, but my guess is you won't get any Blaha because he's doing TV feeds almost every night. If it's nationally televised you could get a Blaha radio feed, but what's the point?

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    LOL @ the Pippen comment. Growing up in the Chicago area I saw a lot of Bulls games and I never saw why Pip was considered so great. People say 'What did Jordan do without Pippen?'. I say 'What did Pippen do without Jordan?'. Jordan won once he matured into the game. Pippen never won.
    Explain the 1994 Bulls season, then. 55 wins, same team minus MJ.

Still, Isiah was the greater player, no doubt. Pippen had a migraine, Isiah hobbled on one foot and scored 25 in a quarter.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Still a lot of players, and lost in the semis to the Knicks. Jordan also was on the payroll for that year, so they had the mojo. The mojo wins 55 games, then craps out. I hate the Bulls, but in all fairness that team wouldn't be half bad in todays Eastern either, maybe even gets past the first round again.

+ Reply to Thread