+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The electric car

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    At what point do we look in the mirror?
    We should be now. It is up to us, I think, because our government is too tied up with money in order to do anything right.

And yeah, b-diddy, I agree with you. Like anything else, it would have probably increased from getting just 140 miles per charge.

And UxKa, although the electric cars didn't have great top speed, they supposedly zipped pretty good to their peak.

No the increase in demand on world oil reserves (mainly China) is Bush's fault.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Well, it is true that we are a nation full of people who are accustomed to getting exactly what we want at low low prices. It's kind of a lasting after-effect of the Depression and the War. In the 30s and 40s most people were really broke and even if you had money, some things were just really hard to come by.

That generation developed an attitude of "I'm never going through that again!" So they did everything they could to secure their incomes, and held on for dear life. They passed that attitude to their children, too - most of our parents were their children. Now that all this paranoia about money is starting to have a price, it's our generation who has to shoulder the burden.

I hear older people whining all the time about how disappointed and fearful they are about how this generation won't do as well as their parents did. Well, you did it to us, fuckface! You jerks guarded your resources like any moment the Nazis were going to come take them away from you, and that increased the demand, which sent prices skyrocketing out of control for decades upon decades.

When someone has a job managing a resource, and they think to themselves "I'm going to restrict supply and maximize profit as much as possible," they rarely think to themselves who they're profiting from: their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Solely in terms of current affordability, I have to agree.

Bills go up because the energy out of the ground is a world resource with a price tag set by the world markets. By virtue of America borrowing to the hilt, we have the dollar falling, so if nothing else happens (like, say, the world becoming more and more scarce, fears due to instabilities in the places where the oil is), we pay more. Some of that can be blamed on Bush, borrowing to drunken-sailor degrees to stir up oil-extracting trouble in places we didn't have as much of it before. But much of it is rooted in the American culture of people carrying huge balances, writing checks that our labors can't cash.

Lots of people are hoping that global warming unveils new oil resources in the Arctic, which is a vicious cycle if ever I heard one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Swami
    I hear older people whining all the time about how disappointed and fearful they are about how this generation won't do as well as their parents did. Well, you did it to us, fuckface! You jerks guarded your resources like any moment the Nazis were going to come take them away from you, and that increased the demand, which sent prices skyrocketing out of control for decades upon decades.
    The decline of the unions came about once companies realized that union workers would sell out their young to save their own asses.

And they wonder why there's antagonism...

+ Reply to Thread