+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions sign Calvin Johnson to 6-year, $64m contract

Lions sign Calvin Johnson to 6-year, $64m contract

The Lions' most difficult negotiations will be with their first-round pick, wide receiver Calvin Johnson . He was drafted second overall, and indications are agent Bus Cook -- whose stable of clients includes Packers quarterback Brett Favre -- will ask for a deal that includes close to $30 million in guaranteed money. -- Detroit News

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#5

Just as an FYI, Reggie Bush got $26 mil guarenteed as the #2 pick last year. His contract was $60 mil total.

Ronnie Brown got $20 guarenteed the previous year.
    Robert Gallery got $18.5

So this is a natural progression.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't see the problem. When you give ridiculous money to Backus and Redding, it's time to realize everything about why you picked Johnson and why you had the #2 pick to begin with, and pay the man. Do not allow for a holdout, do not stall in any way. Get the deal done and let CJ buy a house in the suburbs and plant himself in the D.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Well, this should help with the CJ talks. Now they have a basis to go off:

The Cleveland Browns reached an agreement in principle Thursday night with left tackle Joe Thomas, the third pick in the NFL draft.
    Although they still have to work out some contract language and other items to finish the deal, Thomas agreed to a five-year deal that could max out at $42.5 million. Included in the deal are guarantees of around $22-$23 million.
    Thomas hopes to compete the deal and be on the practice field Friday morning. His deal opens as a six-year contract, but it has a clause that will void out the sixth year and allow him to play five seasons.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

They just need to give him whatever he wants, the law of averages have to kick in for them at some point when it comes to drafting receivers...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Well, this should help with the CJ talks. Now they have a basis to go off:

Adams signed too, so there should be a real tier established now. But whatever, get him in by next week.

Blog Entries
    If his agent is holding out for #1 overall money based on the "he was widely known as the best player in the draft" theory, then this could drag a bit.

I hate when agents do that, Brady Quinn's looking for top 10 $ because "he should have gone in the top 10".

You didn't, asshole.
    Find a new slant.

Reading Insider 'expert' types are writting by the end of the weekend or first part of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    If his agent is holding out for #1 overall money based on the "he was widely known as the best player in the draft" theory, then this could drag a bit.

I hate when agents do that, Brady Quinn's looking for top 10 $ because "he should have gone in the top 10".

You didn't, asshole.
    Amen, brother. Never understood that argument.

+ Reply to Thread