+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: CORNBREAD INSIDE

Maybe he is counting moral victories as well.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Maybe they meant 10 first downs this year?
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Good a place as any I guess:

What a disaster this team has been:

Quote Originally Posted by Mlive's Bill Emkow
    NFL.com: 16 WRs taking up Lions' cap space

Posted by Bill Emkow July 08, 2007 13:06PM

Categories: Personnel

According to a Pat Kirwan story about the money paid to players no longer on that team because a new coach cleans house, (aka "dead money") the Detroit Lions are paying 16 wide receivers in 2007, and that doesn't include Calvin Johnson.
    July 3, NFL.com: A quick look at the Detroit salary cap, and you quickly realize the Lions have used a lot of salary-cap space to figure out the position -- and they haven't even signed Calvin Johnson yet. On the 2007 books, there are 16 wide receivers using up cap space. Mike Williams, Charles Rogers, Corey Bradford are no longer on the team but will eat up $10,229,720 of space this season (close to 10 percent of the cap). When Johnson finally signs his contract, the Lions will have close to $28 million in wide receivers alone. Throw in the dead money Ross Verba, James Hall, Dre Bly, Josh McCown and Marcus Pollard represent (a combined $6.4 million), and you can see the cost of getting a roster corrected.
    It's interesting to note the emotional state of the present Lions players -- remember Jon Kitna's 10-win prediction? -- is at an all time high. No one seems to miss any of the departed players.

Maybe McCown should count in our WR money.

+ Reply to Thread