+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade idea: Nazr/pick for Turkoglu

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Maller on FoxSports.com today
    With David Lee and Renaldo Balkman off limits, the Knicks have made available veterans Jared Jeffries and Malik Rose, neither of whom can be paired with Nate Robinson, Mardy Collins, Randolph Morris and their two new draft picks, Wilson Chandler and Demetris Nichols. Obviously, Petrie would want Lee foremost. Isiah Thomas emphasized Lee is not on the table, unless it's Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett. -- NY Post
    What about a Nazr for Jared Jeffries deal? I think they have nearly identical contracts, but I feel like we'd have to add something. Flip would put us over the 25%. Maybe a pick of some kind? Not sure what Jeffries' value is right now.

Pff, who hasn't Isiah traded away at this point? He's probably forgotten all about it by now.

Looks like Reddick is tearing it up. With him, Ariza, Turk and their draft pick Terry in the mix, maybe they will want to move one. They also have Bogans and Dooling for depth.

MOST IMPRESSIVE: J.J. Redick, Magic -- The former college player of the year looked like he was back at Duke University Monday night, almost scoring at will from all over the floor in Orlando's 85-74 defeat of New Jersey.

Redick, who saw only sporadic minutes in 42 games as a rookie for the Magic, had 30 points against the Nets by making 7-of-18 shots, four 3-pointers and all 12 of his free throws.

It was a huge performance considering that Redick is basically auditioning for the Magic's vacant starting shooting guard job in front of new coach Stan Van Gundy. The position opened up last week when veteran Grant Hill informed the Magic that he had agreed to sign a two-year, $4 million free-agent contract with the Phoenix Suns.

Redick could be replacing the player he idolized as a kid when he was growing up in Virginia as a true-blue Dukie and learned under last season as a NBA rookie.

"I definitely feel like there's an opportunity available for me, and that's something that I've already talked to the coaches about," Redick said. "It's July, and they're certainly not promising anything to anybody. I'm just trying to use this week as momentum. I want to try and figure out what I need to work on the rest of the summer and then go into training camp healthy."
    Full article here
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread