+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors Acquire Carlos Delfino From Pistons

Raptors Acquire Carlos Delfino From Pistons. Detroit Mourns The Loss Of a Great

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/release_061507.html

Carlos Delfino was picked 25th overall in the 2003 Draft. (NBAE/Getty Images)
    (June 15, 2007) -- The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have acquired guard Carlos Delfino from the Detroit Pistons in exchange for a second-round draft pick in 2009 and 2011.

Delfino, 6-foot-6, 230 pounds, was a first-round selection (25th overall) by the Pistons in 2003. The native of Argentina saw action in all 82 regular season games last season, posting career highs in points (5.2), rebounds (3.2) and minutes (16.8). He scored in double figures 13 times with a season-best 16 points in a season-high 30 minutes December 27 at New York. He had a season-high seven rebounds on seven occasions and a season-best seven assists at Atlanta on January 12. He appeared in all 16 of Detroit’s postseason contests, averaging 2.3 points, 1.3 rebounds and 8.4 minutes.

“Carlos is a talented basketball player that should thrive in our system,” said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. “Like many international players that come to the league, he has much more professional experience than his NBA resume suggests.”

Delfino has averaged 4.4 points, 2.4 rebounds and 14.2 minutes in 180 career NBA regular season games. Prior to joining the Pistons, he played four seasons (2000-04) in Italy. He spent 2000-02 with Reggio Calabria and 2002-04 as a member of Skipper Bologna. He averaged 10.7 points, 4.6 rebounds and 25.6 minutes in 115 career games in Italy.

Delfino was a member of the Gold Medal winning Argentina National Team at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece. He also played for the Argentina National Team along with Manu Ginobili (San Antonio), Andres Nocioni (Chicago), Fabricio Oberto (San Antonio) and Walter Hermann (Charlotte) at the 2006 FIBA World Championships in Japan.

What a weird trade

Bye Bye Delfino, We Hardly Knew Ya
    Last edited by The Irony; 06-15-2007 at 06:25 PM.
    twitter.com/screamphoenix

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Delfino will thrive with the Raptors.

We will high five ourselves into oblivion.

Delfino will come alive for the Raptors.

We will jive ourselves into thinking it's good.
    Last edited by Uncle Mxy; 06-15-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Bye, bye Delfino.....

.....hello Grant Hill?

I think it's a good deal for both parties. Delfino will play well in the open, Raptors style. they'll probably throw him in the mix and see what they got. in the open court, he should show his skills. I'm still convinced that Delfino can play well and contribute, especially on this young Raptors team. I'll be watching more Raptors games to see if i was right.

for us, i'm thinking this means Joe D's got his sights set on drafting a SG/SF or he may have an inclination that Hill's leaning towards Detroit.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-15-2007 at 06:58 PM.

OMG!........WTF?..........IMO, we gave him away too cheap. Joe, I'm losing faith in you. You better do something impressive this off-season. Stern and his crew have done enough to damage my feelings towards the NBA. Don't you do the same to the Pistons.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by micknugget
    OMG!........WTF?..........IMO, we gave him away too cheap. Joe, I'm losing faith in you. You better do something impressive this off-season. Stern and his crew have done enough to damage my feelings towards the NBA. Don't you do the same to the Pistons.
    thats how i feel too... i mean am i the only one who thought Darko and Delfino were worth a bit more than that? Joe D is giving away free presents, two 2nd round picks in 09 and 10 is like here you go i dont want anything from you, just take him...and he played ok this season, nothing spectacular, but he was solid, i dont get it why Joe D just would give him away for nothing....i am pretty dissapointed if we dont get Grant or sth...pretty shitty way to start the offseason if you ask me

btw: now i know why Joe didnt mention Delfino beeing one of the young guys at the last radio interview, remember 3rd year in the league, make or break...still i think Delf was doing ok

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    He was worth a lottery-protected 1st rounder in a future draft.

We were more likely to be able to use Delfino to trade up in this draft than 2 future 2nd round picks. <groan>

2- 2nd rounders.....thats what hes worth Joe!!! Delfino was my boy, and i really hope that he gets some PT in Toronto. My avatar is now pointless, and this really just is making me even more angry at the pistons season. This was by far the worst senario for me as far as offseason moves. Perhaps now we can play the starters a little more now WOOHOO!!!

Blog Entries
    Well, that experiment is over.

Another Tony Ronzone special.

That said, Joe didn't get enough in return, 2nd round picks are garbage unless they are higher than #40, IMO.

Blog Entries
    This also might be Joe's way of clearing a roster spot for Alex Acker.

Also, is it just me or did it always seem like Delfino was bound to end up a Raptor?
    Last edited by Glenn; 06-15-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    way to go to improve our overall talent level...Delfino was arguably our 2nd best bench player after Dice, sure he was not gonna challenge Tay or RIP for a starter spot(which Amir could at least talentwise), but he was a solid bench player...at least it seems Amir will really get a chance to backup Tay

Delf could be a good fit for Toronto, he's better than Graham for sure...they got a cheap SG for a year and about 10 mil cap in 08 i think, Colangelo is just a really good GM

+ Reply to Thread