+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Football Camp thread

Michigan Football Camp thread

Great article by Jim Stefani about who will be at the camp and have a chance to commit.

http://jimstefani.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tommyz
    Great article by Jim Stefani about who will be at the camp and have a chance to commit.

http://jimstefani.blogspot.com/
    Great article. Should be tons of schools there this week.

For over a week there has been speculation that Michigan could pick up a half dozen commits this week. I'm not sure what to expect. I just hope they're aggressive with the great players there. So many people are simply convinced certain guys will commit, much they same as Rojo last season. I'm still not over that (some amazing play from Donovan Warren would help though).
    Has anyone here ever attended these camps as a player or spectator? I would like some more inside info on what these camps are like. Does Michigan have a huge advantage over other schools since they're the host?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I've attended them before.
    Me and a couple buddies got dressed up in an orange jump suit and went out to the stadium to pick up trash.
    The camps actually suck, though. Too many goddam yelping football players and coaches.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I'll tell ya about one other time I went to one of these camps. It was in high school, and I went with a couple buddies. Man were we psyched: Michigan Football Camp!
    We packed our car up the night before with everything: Fishing poles, tents, sleeping bags, food, firewood, blow up dolls, man, we were ready to rock and roll.
    Then we get thee the night before, and the fucking stadium is locked! How the hell are people supposed to camp there when it's completely shut down?
    So we hop the fences, get in there, set up our tents, build a nice fire, whip out the beer and the drugs, start roasting hot dogs, and do what your'e supposed to do at camp: Get fucked up and barf everywhere. Thank god they had restrooms there, though, because we couldn't dig up the astroturf to take a shit.
    So we're out there, sleeping in puddles of barf and beer, and all the sudden we hear all this goddamm yelling and hootin and hollerin', and CRASH!
    Here come this big fucking jerkoff landing right on top of us, wearing some goddamm gay ass football uniform.
    The some grumpy as old guy named Bo beats the fuck out of us, and the next thing we know we're in Washtena County jail.
    Man, that really sucked.

Jethro, UM's camp is huge because they allow other schools to attend and recruit there. Therefore, 80 colleges should be represented. UM doesn't get much of an advantage other than the kids actually seeing the stadium and the maize and blue everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    Jethro, UM's camp is huge because they allow other schools to attend and recruit there. Therefore, 80 colleges should be represented. UM doesn't get much of an advantage other than the kids actually seeing the stadium and the maize and blue everywhere.
    One big advantage, though, is that if you DO camp there, and since they have restrooms, you won't accidentally wipe your ass with poison ivy after you take a dump.

Boy, what a way to ruin a thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by tommyz
    Boy, what a way to ruin a thread.....
    He has a way of doing that with the off the wall shit.

Jethro, I attended the summer before my junior year. During my time there I was able to meet Charles Woodson and many other Michigan players. I got to meet Lloyd Carr for about 20 seconds and that "for me" was one of the most amazing things to ever happen in my life. But as for the camp here is what happens.......

There are two groups of players that attend Michigans camps.....The kind that are there to improve their skills and get recognized by ANY coach and the ones that Michigan knows is there and puts in a group together to be looked at by Michigan coaches. Im not sure if you've been reading about the lineman that are there, but there was a chance that a bunch of them would be there. Khoury (Traverse City), Hueter (North Branch), Dill, , Mealer, O'Neill and any other lineman that is on Michigan's radar are coached by Andy Moeller and his group. Moeller may not specifically coach that group but you can guarantee that he will be watching every second of it.

When I was there I was moved into different groups throughout the week, but I got to meet a ton of different coaches both h.s. and college. I got to meet with UCONN's coach back when they were D2 and he gave me his card and some literature which put me on effing cloud 9 since I was only a junior.

Possibly the best part of the camp is "Air Force Football." If you ever get to a Michigan camp make sure you get to see this happen. I know this also happens at Michigan State's football camp and I would assume many others. But it is still possibly the sickest thing to watch, especially when they get to the finals. Imagine you have teams of 5 or 7 guys (I don't recall for sure) and they are the best players in the country playing against each other. Last year Mallett's team won the Air Force Football title and Drew Henson won it when I went to camp...........he had some guy named David Terrell to throw to in camp though. If there is anything else you wanna know just ask adn I'd be happy to fill in anything I can for ya.

+ Reply to Thread