+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Sheed Now?

Trade Sheed Now?

Ok, before everyone bites my head off and calls me names, please let me state my case.

Sheed is playing REALLY WELL in these playoffs. His trade value is probably as high right now as it is going to get. Is this a good time to move him?

Realistically, he is getting older and his game is getting farther and farther away from the basket. He has decided to take most nights of the regular season off and misses a few games due to suspensions (via techs). There are several teams who would want his services and we have a couple of youngsters in Amir and Max who are chomping at the bit for a chance to play.

Keeping that in mind, do we keep our core together or do we at least consider moving Sheed?

if we lose billups, trade sheed

I think it could be a possibility, depending on how the draft goes. His value is as high as it's going to be from here on out, so if we entertain offers, this is the time to do it. I could see the Lakers being interested, but I'm not sure what we could get from them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross
    if we lose billups, trade sheed

Yep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by defrocked
    I think it could be a possibility, depending on how the draft goes. His value is as high as it's going to be from here on out, so if we entertain offers, this is the time to do it. I could see the Lakers being interested, but I'm not sure what we could get from them.

Andrew Bynum

send him to the blazers for oden

Billups is our floor leader, but Sheed is our emotional leader. Trading him would really screw with chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    Billups is our floor leader, but Sheed is our emotional leader. Trading him would really screw with chemistry.
    You only trade Sheed if you want to blow this thing up, if you believe that you need to go back and rebuild.
    I know I am in the minority, but I don;t see Tashaun developing into a consistent playoff go to guy, Webber is all but dead except for short stretches, and even Hamilton and Billups have shown long periods of ineptitude. Sheed is the only guy I see out there laying it on the line night in and night out in these playoffs.
    So do you decide that you need ONE guy that can prolong this thing and get another ring or two in the next three to four years, or do you blow it up by getting rid of Wallace?
    Those who say Sheed's value is the highest it's going to be make a point for keeping him. If he's that good, he will be for another two to three years. Who you gonna trade him for? What are you going to get in return? Kobe? Garnet? a first round pick in a future draft? More bench help?
    This team needs a Microwave, someone they KNOW will hit the shot. I don't see this current lineup needing much else to challenge for the NBA title for a couple more years.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

I'm with Zip on this 100%. Maybe if Billups decides to go elsewhere and we go with a youth movement we can trade Sheed, but otherwise I'd keep him here for sure. If we trade him it means we're blowing up the team, in which case Billups is gone, which means McDyess will probably be gone, and we wouldn't be bringing Webber back, and then who mentors the young guys. We have a nice group of young forwards with Amir, Max, and possibly Samb (at least for preseason stuff) and it would be nice to have a nice casual guy that knows how to get shit done teaching them.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    weird that he's the only guy serving the cavs out there, and we start a rrade thread. Maybe Jon Saunders was right about detroit fans.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread