+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Donovan to the Orlando Magic

Billy Donovan to the Orlando Magic

I just heard that the Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Billy Donovan has met with the Magic this morning and they offered him a STUPID contract and they expect him to take the offer in the next few days and become the coach of the Orlando Magic. This is a huge deal in both NBA terms and college terms. I will repost this in the NBA thread so lets talk about what this means for the two time defending champs, the incoming recruits (including Jai Lucas who just signed) and the the next few years of the SEC? Also, who do they get to replace him seeing as every single coach is settled and moved on to recruiting for next year. Will we hear any Izzo rumors? Tubby back to the SEC? Rick Barnes? Mike Montgomery? Some stud assistant coach?

Blog Entries
    The collective sphincter of MSU nation just tightened up.
    Find a new slant.

Well, his whole team left, he might as well cash in and try the big stage. That might be one less school robbing Izzo of good recruits.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

They better not even touch Izzo or I go down there personally and cut Jeremy Foley's nuts off. Izzo is turning MSU elite and Florida better not screw that up. Florida won't go after an assistant either, they will probably good looks to Barnes(like Filly said) or a ex-NBA coach.

Izzo wouldn't go to any other NCAA school IMO. None. not even Duke. He's a michigan man, and was an assistant at MSU. Unless he started somewhere before that, he has no other NCAA ties, right? he's not leaving unless he decides to try the NBA, and I doubt that. He already had a chance to do that and passed on it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Montgomery is actually a pretty decent option.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Izzo wouldn't go to any other NCAA school IMO. None. not even Duke. He's a michigan man, and was an assistant at MSU. Unless he started somewhere before that, he has no other NCAA ties, right? he's not leaving unless he decides to try the NBA, and I doubt that. He already had a chance to do that and passed on it.
    I'd have to say, with all due respect, that you are FUCKING CORRECT, SIR!
    And that is a bummer.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Izzo to coach MSU Football???????????????

"Will we hear any Izzo rumors?"

Of course and they will have all the validity of the assinine football coach rumor. Damaster ain't going nowhere.

Didn't Donovan just sign a mammoth extension at Florida? And bring in the last stud recruit from the class of 2007?
    Wow, if this is true it could shake the doors off that program. Back-to-back and then to the cellar if they can't keep their recruits.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    The collective sphincter of MSU nation just tightened up.
    Here we go again! It is unbelievable just how bad the UM faithful want Izzo to leave State. Okay, Izzo didn't leave for KENTUCKY. Do you think he'd leave for a school that has absolutely no history outside of the last two years? Can we give it a rest already? Every single time a job opens, the wolvies want to throw Izzo's name out there so they can jerk off at the thought of him leaving. He's been rumored for every single big job since 99. Has he left?

Can this for once be about the subject? Donovan leaving is huge and I love it. This is one of the few people I actually want bailing on college bball. Hey Billy, you'll fit right in in the NBA...you're great at buying players. Let's hope they give him the GM job as well.

It amazes me how sports fans can't control themselves. One minute you suck, the next minute you are God. Don't get me wrong, winning back to back titles is sick. However, when you do that as a result of you buying the best talent, it doesn't matter. Before the last two years, Donovan was known as the coach that always got booted in the first round and his teams played no D. Did he magically change over night? NO. He just got more talent. Now all of a sudden he's the hottest coach in the nation. It's unbelievable how hot and cold people get based on the extremely recent past.

+ Reply to Thread