+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: UM #1 Most Underachieving Basketball Program in the Nation (ESPN)

UM #1 Most Underachieving Basketball Program in the Nation (ESPN)

While ESPN has put together their Top 10 College Basketball Programs of the past decade, they also created their Top 10 most underachieving programs as well. Guess who's #1?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2865999

Tell me again just how bad MSU's fball program is.

If you look through the link, you'll find Katz's article citing MSU as the #1 basketball program in the nation over the past decade.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bball11
    Sorry for the immature response but LOL @ Michigan.

You claim MSU fball as an embarrassing program and I'll lead the charge. However, I remember a lot of people here that claimed MSU fball to be far worse than U of M bball this past fall. I wonder what they'll have to stand on now.

Gators in the South, Spartans in the North representin'
    Keep spittin' the truth DrTre11! True that shit. Michigan basketball is a maize and blue circus. Much love to the #1 Wolverines. LOL

Leaders and the best
    laughing my ass off

I don't want to stick up for Michigan basketball because it doesn't deserve it, but this is a list of the most underachieving. Meaning that they never meet the expectations that they are given. And that starts with a good recruiter that sucks at coaching. It's not a list of the worst programs. (I do agree with the list by the way)

I don't want to get in the MSU Football vs. U of M Basketball debate, I just wanted to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Gators in the South, Spartans in the North representin'
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I don't want to stick up for Michigan basketball because it doesn't deserve it, but this is a list of the most underachieving. Meaning that they never meet the expectations that they are given. And that starts with a good recruiter that sucks at coaching. It's not a list of the worst programs. (I do agree with the list by the way)

I don't want to get in the MSU Football vs. U of M Basketball debate, I just wanted to make a point.
    Underachieving? Isn't that what MSU fball gets ripped for? That's what I rip them for. Let's be real, this is an embarrassing article for UM no matter how ya spin it. Hopefully they'll get something respectable on the court this year.

Blog Entries
    I suppose this means that everybody should give Beilein even more credit if he gets this thing turned around.

I'll stay tuned and wait to see if the MSU fans here give him the proper credit if/when it's due.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I suppose this means that everybody should give Beilein even more credit if he gets this thing turned around.

I'll stay tuned and wait to see if the MSU fans here give him the proper credit if/when it's due.

I'll give credit. But, I wouldn't think it would be that big of a challenge considering the fact that UMers always bring up the fact that they are a prominent university with great academics, tradition, blah blah blah. There should be enough left over talent in Michigan to put together a good program. Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, etc.

Can't argue with the list either. They deserve that ranking.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I'll give credit. But, I wouldn't think it would be that big of a challenge considering the fact that UMers always bring up the fact that they are a prominent university with great academics, tradition, blah blah blah. There should be enough left over talent in Michigan to put together a good program. Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, etc.
    The funny thing is, Tre, is that I don't know ONE Michigan fan that wouldn't agree with you 100 Zillion percent.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread