+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MNF team: Joe Theismann out, Ron Jaworski in

I was an avid listener to both of TK's radio shows (thank you internet). I can't recall him mentioning Golic, but who knows.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank in Chains
    I didn't see the game last night so I can't judge Kornheiser's performance, but I love the guy on PTI. Looks like I'm the odd man out on here, but I love his humor. Not sure how well that humor will translate in the world of football commentary, but I'll be watching next week to find out.
    I'm with you Hank. I TiVo PTI everyday and if Kornheiser isn't on, I hit the delete button immediately. That cat cracks me up. I'll definitely be tuning in to MNF and watching longer to see if he busts out "the penguin dance".

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I'll definitely be tuning in to MNF and watching longer to see if he busts out "the penguin dance".
    It's sweeping the nation!!!

I have to find a way to get PTI taped here within the next couple of weeks for days that I have class when its on or am working late at the school. Don't have Tivo, and haven't had a VCR in ages.
    "You can't know good unless you know evil. You can't tell the truth unless you've heard a lie." ~ Chuck Mead

Blog Entries
    THEESmann out, Jaws in

bleh

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2812834

Jaworski replacing Theismann in MNF booth

ESPN.com

There will be a quarterback change in the Monday Night Football broadcast booth for the 2007 season.

Ron Jaworski will join Mike Tirico and Tony Kornheiser on the ESPN telecast. Jaworski replaces Joe Theismann, who has been offered a prominent football analyst job with the network.

Michele Tafoya and Suzy Kolber will continue as sideline reporters.

"This new lineup will enhance our presentation of Monday Night Football, our most important property," Norby Williamson, executive vice president, studio and remote production, said in a statement. "Ron has covered the NFL from many different perspectives, and he is totally tied into the issues and trends from around the league.

"We appreciate the work Joe has done for 19 years and continue to talk with him about another high-profile football role with ESPN."

Jaworski, who played 17 years in the NFL, most notably as quarterback of the Eagles, joined ESPN in 1990. He has been a prominent NFL analyst for the network and his studio duties will now be spread among ESPN's other NFL analysts, including newcomers Emmitt Smith and Bill Parcells.

Theismann, a storied quarterback in Redskins history, was the NFL's MVP in 1983 and led Washington to victory in Super Bowl XVII.

Last season, ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football was the most-watched series in the history of cable television and the only NFL series nominated for a 2007 Sports Emmy in the Outstanding Live Sports Series category.

Nine of the top 10 on the list of cable television's biggest household audiences ever came from ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football in 2006, including the Giants-Cowboys game on Oct. 23, 2006, which ranks No. 1 all-time with a 12.8 rating.
    Jaworski replaces Joe Theismann, who has been offered a prominent football analyst job with the network.
    = demoted

+ Reply to Thread