+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Dance

Big Dance

Why are there so many games being played in Spokane, Washington.............especially since NONE of the games are in the WEST region???

Tom Crean vs. Tom Izzo.......interesting matchup, but either team will get beaten up by Darth Vader and the Tar Heels.

Notable teams left out:
    Syracuse
    Missouri State
    Air Force
    Drexel
    Florida State
    Kansas State
    Iowa
    North Carolina State
    West Virginia

Questionable seeded teams(good and bad)
    Maryland
    MSU
    Virginia
    Nevada

What a wild year.

Damn, that East region is tough. UNC, Sparty, Texas all up top with Big East reg. season and touney champ G'town at #2 at the bottom. OUCH!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Mood great point, BUT Wazzu is a big fraud as a 3. If they were a 5 or 6 I'd feel them, but no way do they deserve a 3 IMO.

Did anybody make a yahoo contest? If not let me know and I can make one.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by FillyCheezeSteak
    Why would you say this is the biggest week of the year? You know this whole thing goes all the way until April. Do you stop watching after one week or do the games lose luster after the first week?

Anyways, back to the NIT talk for now...........

J/K
    I say this is the best week because of the number of games this week. You'll never have an opportunity to watch more bball than you'll have Thur. - Sunday. The bigger games do occur later, but Thursday through Sunday is an absolute basketball buffet and sometimes that is when you see the most upsets.

I was reading an indepth (to put it lightly) scouting report on Marquette today. I follow them throughout the year because of Crean, but I had forgotten that just weeks ago they were a Top 15 team. They actually reached #12. They lost 3 in a row, but those losses were to Georgetown, Pitt., and a buzzer beater by Louisville!

Damn, talk about a tough draw as a 8 seed.

I also looked at their schedule though and they lost to some pretty bad teams too. I know nothing about North Dakota State, but they can't be very good.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Another seed that grinds my gears is Duke. 8-8 in their conference, a 1st round loss to a non-tourney team, and they get a 6th seed? BAH! The seeds this year suck.

So who's everyone sleeper picks? Frauds? Cinderella?

Sleepers - UNLV(athletic ability), Oregon(yes, i know they're a 3 seed), Texas(final four pick)

Frauds - High seeded mid-majors and the Big Ten. When mid majors are seeded high, they're usually done in the 1st or 2nd round because they run into a good mid-major in the 1st, and an above average BCS team in the 2nd.

The only great team in the Big Ten is OSU. The rest are unathletic, no good bigs(except maybe Landry) can't shoot, and/or depend on one person. I think Wisconsin, Indy, and MSU will all be gone by the sweet 16, if they even make it that far.
    Last edited by Darth Thanatos; 03-12-2007 at 04:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread