+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Okur the ALL-STAR. Thread maker gloats.

Enjoying my new sig, and av. Waiting for coming fight with wrath.

Okur the ALL-STAR. Thread maker gloats.

Well, well, well. The chickens have come home to roost. This old man came rolling home. The pigs have flown the pen. The canary has eaten the cat. The roses are bloomin' in antartica. The watched pot has boiled. The sun has shined on the dogs ass. The chestnuts are roasting. Zeebneeb has destroyed the Wrath of Diddy.

Now bow down before your MEMO-LOVING MASTER.

I CALLED IT. I NOW WANT MY RECOGNITION BITCHES.

ALL BOW BEFORE ZEEBNEEB.

Blog Entries
    I was waiting for this, ha ha.

I'll admit it, no matter how many guys had to drop out for him to make it, you were right.

Did you put any kind of timeframe on this? (Like he'll be an All Star THIS YEAR (after he left) or something like that?) I can't recall.

Anyways, nice call.

Fool's going to be all over this too. Where's the link, Fool?
    Find a new slant.

I was surprised it took this long to bring up. Zeeb did say he'd be a 20 and 10 player. Too bad we never signed him to a 3 year rookie deal or he'd still be here. Then we wouldn't have signed Dyess, and instead maybe resigned James. And if we didn't sign James we wouldn't have traded Darko for cap space either. All because we signed Okur to a 2 year deal.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Memo('s agent) knew the rules. He only wanted a two-year deal because he understood that it'd give him flexibility under the old CBA. Otherwise, he was staying in Europe.

I thought that was the max we could do with the 2nd rounder (2 year deal)? Or is that the minimum? Now I'm all fucked up.

But the league did change the rules so if the same scenario happened we WOULD have 'Bird rights' to him...correct?

Blog Entries
    I thought he was too soft to bang in the paint.

I thought he was too lazy, and would just jack up threes.

I thought he would clash with Jerry Sloan.

I thought he'd never have a shot with Shaq, Duncan, Amare, etc. in the West all competing for the AS center spot.

Well, come to find out, he was just ahead of his time.

The league changed. Big men can float around the perimeter and jack threes if they want to. They don't need to play with their back to the basket anymore. Shaq's no longer in the West, and Memo's game is what Stern wants to see, so he hand picked him for the squad.

No disrespect, of course.

Zach Randolph and Nate McMillan are not pleased with Okur's selection, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Glenn; 02-14-2007 at 05:00 PM.
    Find a new slant.

I don't know the why. I just know the results.

I don't know what happened to him Glenn. My biggest knock on him was that he seemed to get the ball stripped every time he went up inside. That was VERY annoying.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Never mind...thx UMxy

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I thought he was too soft to bang in the paint. you were right

I thought he was too lazy, and would just jack up threes. Right again

I thought he would clash with Jerry Sloan. Wrong

I thought he'd never have a shot with Shaq, Duncan, Amare, etc. in the West all competing for the AS center spot. You were right until shaq left
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

i cant wait to read wrath of diddy's response.

ps. can we get some linkage? i'd like to know what my stance was... im guessing i said he'd never make it, but i'd still like proof.

+ Reply to Thread