+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Wallace, Superstar?

Yeah, dominant centers don't come around very often, but we haven't had a dominant center in 30 years, and yet we've managed three championships. We don't need to stress over getting one.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Yeah, dominant centers don't come around very often, but we haven't had a dominant center in 30 years, and yet we've managed three championships. We don't need to stress over getting one.
    Ben was dominant on defense. Maybe one of the 5 best defensive centers ever imo. honestly he was a one of a kind center for us. Can Webber be a one of a kind center? maybe. we'll see. but one thing that helps him is that he is a center(moved to PF in Sac Town) and plays like one imo. How he holds up against sha and ben will be interesting. though he's had his way with ben in his younger days and gave the lakers fit when he was in the west(played PF then though).
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 02-06-2007 at 06:17 PM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Webber already IS a one of a kind center, by your definition. No other center in the NBA can pass or handle the ball like he can.

Just because Ben was an awesome defensive player doesn't make him great by any stretch. He was offensively pitiful.

Webber already IS a one of a kind center, by your definition. No other center in the NBA can pass or handle the ball like he can.

Just because Ben was an awesome defensive player doesn't make him great by any stretch. He was offensively pitiful.
    But he was one of the best ever on defense statistically at that. SDont tout webber and knock Ben. I can agree they are both one of a kind. But dont knock what ben did as a dominant force on defense to get us that title.
    ^

who said i was knocking ben?

All I said was that ben Wallace wasn't a dominant center on the level of a superstar. He was very good, on the level of Laimbeer. But he wasn't a dominant player.

blah blah blah. for 5 of the franchise's best years, the only consistency was ben wallace and his pitiful offense. he was dominant. without him, we dont make it to the finals either year.

Did I say ben wallace was a bad player? No. I said he was a very good player, in fact.

Don't blame me because you're insecure anytime someone points out the fact ben can't make simple layups.

Blah blah blah.

who said i was knocking ben?

All I said was that ben Wallace wasn't a dominant center on the level of a superstar.
    I disagree. He dominated more games on defense and hustle than than most centers did on offense. Theres a reason he went to those all star games and that we won a title. he made a ridiculous amount of plays and earned a defensive superstar status imo. again its a knock to say he wasnt a superstar.
    ^

Did I say ben wallace was a bad player? No. I said he was a very good player, in fact.

Don't blame me because you're insecure anytime someone points out the fact ben can't make simple layups.

Blah blah blah.
    Speaking of insecure, whats the over/under on how long it would take Kstat to resort to childish insults when he was out of ammo? Good going man, when all else fails attempt a childish derail. You really need to grow up and get enough nuts to leave that tactic alone.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    I disagree. He dominated more games on defense and hustle than than most centers did on offense. Theres a reason he went to those all star games and that we won a title. he made a ridiculous amount of plays and earned a defensive superstar status imo. again its a knock to say he wasnt a superstar.
    1. He dominated on defense but got dominated nightly on the other end. Can't be a superstar when you can't put the ball in the basket at all. Was Rodman a superstar? No.

2. The reason he went to those all star games is because the east had nobody else even halfway decent aside from Ben and Shaq later on.

3. Defensive superstar does not equal NBA superstar. If that's a knock to say Ben wallace isn't on the level of guys like shaq, tim duncan or Garnett, then so be it.

Ben has gotten more credit than any other player in NBA history that couldn't score worth shit. There's a line that has to be drawn somehwere. "Superstar is a term reserved for the very best in the league, and Ben was never that.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-06-2007 at 06:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread