+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NBA Live 2007

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up

NBA Live 2007

just got to play it for the first time. the gameplay seems better overall than 06, and generally more realistic. the only thing that bugged me is the game speed. it felt a bit slow overall, and it takes about an hour to sprint down the court while using speed burst. i did win though, so that makes up for it (and by far my worst sports game is basketball). the default depth chart for the pistons has DD starting at C with nazr coming off the bench. i sure hope thats not the case lol. maxiel and delfino were useless but im going to spend a lot of time on max in dynasty mode. i think my favorite new feature is that you use the right analog for free throws. theres also team/player chemistry now which affects everything from on court action to possible trades. it should be a good feature for the pistons since they are known for their chemistry. teams also have an x-factor player now, who can go on hot streaks in the second half. fyi prince is the pistons x-factor. overall two thumbs up, im gonna have to grab it.

on a side note it kinda sucks that all the sports games i like come out at the same time every year. suddenly after not getting any games for a while, i have to get madden, nba live, nhl, and tiger woods. thats like $200 at once on VGs

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Bought to show support for a friend who did a beat on it. But all in all its ok. which is better than it sucking. They sucked the Heat's dicks so hard on there its not funny. Either way its average. Which is better than I expected. I tried a NBA @K demo and it improved too. But not as much and it still felt stiff. all in all I'll stick to playing madden.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

For whatever reason, they just can't seem to get basketball games right these days. What happened to the days of NBA LLLLLLLIVE 95? I'm not excited at all about either NBA game.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I rented both 2K7 and Live. Haven't played either yet. I'll let ya'll know soon.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    i would like to retract my previous post. nba live 07 is FUCKED!! DO NOT BUY IT!!! heres why...

the cpu will absolutely not sub a player in unless the starter is in foul trouble. once the starter is subbed for, the cpu will not put him back in the game unless the sub gets in foul trouble. even if you sub for the cpu, the cpu will override your substitution. by the end of both halfs you will be playing against super slow tired dumbasses.

pg's dominate. like i played the lakers, smush had about 40 points and kobe was 0/0 for 0 points. pg's also either score or draw a foul when driving the lane, period.

sometimes cpu players will stand in one place dribbling the ball for the entire shot clock in any game situation. a couple times the player with the ball didnt even move, or try to move, by the time the shot clock ran out.

dynasty mode is only 82 games, cant make a shorter season. i cant stand this because i like to actually play my games, and im not going to go through season after season of 82 games.

apparantly in dynasty mode, rookies may retire after one season at the age of 57 (i havent experienced this myself though).

the pistons do not have the 07 orlando pick, and id assume a lot of other things are wrong.

sheed cannot dunk, period. he can do freestyle dunks, but even in practice mode if you stand under the basket and press dunk he wont dunk and will most likely miss. ive read this is true for gasol as well.

if you go for a direct pass, the lay-up and dunk buttons are reversed. ie you have to press dunk to pass to the guy labeled lay-up.

about 5% of the time, on a simple inbounds pass the guy inbounding will either throw a whackass pass, or just drop the ball on the ground. seriously its bad, i could throw a greased pig better.

if you search the net you can find a whole list of glitches that is a couple pages long. all the ones ive listed i have experienced except the 57 yr old retired rookies. these issues also exist on all platforms. if you still want to buy it id seriously recommend renting first and playing a few games, you will notice all these issues.

NBA Live 07 is absolute garbage.
    NBA 2K7=best basketball game ever.

I remember in the past there was a basketball game and the pgs also made the most point. I always tend to make the games realistic and you end up having luke ridnour dropping 50 on you. But its real when you got aRneas scoring 40 on you

Quote Originally Posted by -MOLA1-
    NBA Live 07 is absolute garbage.
    NBA 2K7=best basketball game ever.
    100%

2K7 is HAND DOWN the best NBA game I have ever played. If you got Live I am sorry. I have got live every year dating back to Bulls vs. Blazers, this is the first year I havent rolled with EA's NBA product and I COULDNT be happier.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    I'm feeling the itch to get this game tonight, but I've got so many things to purchase this week.

I bought nba2k7 blindly for my xbox360 and it is the best basketball game I've ever played.

+ Reply to Thread