+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jalen Rose to sign with PHX

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.

Jalen Rose to sign with PHX

Quote Originally Posted by NY Daily News
    Isiah working to get rid of Rose

The Knicks are in the process of negotiating a buyout with Jalen Rose, according to a source close to the veteran small forward. Rose was a no-show at yesterday's public practice at FDU-Teaneck. When asked about Rose's whereabouts, Isiah Thomas replied: "I would just say personal reasons at this time."

Jerome James and newcomer Kelvin Cato also were missing yesterday.

Rose, who is scheduled to earn $16 million, .arrived for camp out of shape and struggled in the preseason. In four games, Rose played 42 minutes and missed the only two shots he attempted. He did not dress for Friday's preseason finale against the Nets and did not sit on the bench.

It has been clear since the start of training camp that Rose has no future in New York. Quentin Richardson is expected to be the Knicks' opening-night starting small forward, with David Lee and Renaldo Balkman serving as backups. Also, small forward Jared Jeffries, who was signed during the summer, is scheduled to return from a fractured right wrist by mid-December.

Asked if Rose would be in the rotation, Thomas said: "I'll let you know in a couple of days."

Last month, the Knicks reached a contract settlement with veteran forward Maurice Taylor, who has since signed with the Sacramento Kings. Taylor is on the Knicks' salary cap this season for $9.7 million.
    Being that he's going to get his money from NY, would he come here and strengthen our bench for the minimum?

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsity
    Being that he's going to get his money from NY, would he come here and strengthen our bench for the minimum?
    Thought the same thing when I read the thread title.

I can picture him over Dupree, but what about Mr. Cry and Flip?

-ojay!

ROSE IS THE ANSWER!

ROSE would be a great add to our bench. A think he is way better than Ronald D. I mean gosh the only reason why we brought DUPREE to the team was because Dumars said he knows (THE SYSTEM?) What ever DUPREE sucks big TIME lets hope that we can land ROSE.

The FRICKEN YING AND YANG WILL RETURN TO THE D IF ROSE IS SIGNED!

There are other places Jalen would rather play, better situations for him. Denver desperately needs a shooter.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviticus 2.39
    There are other places Jalen would rather play, better situations for him. Denver desperately needs a shooter.
    All Jalen says every off season is that he'd love to come home and play and if he's going to get the same money, why wouldn't he? Flip at point, delf and SG and Jalen at SF would be solid, as would Jalen at PG, Flip at 2 and Delf at 3. Am I salivating? Goodness.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    He's still only 31, he can't be any worse than Finley for the Spurs...go get him! who cares about Delfino, he' s still got 2 years on his contract left, he can't go anywhere...

I would sign him if he wants to come here. I don't think he'd have any trouble finding minutes if Delfino keeps shooting like Bo Outlaw.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I'm all for it, but I dont want a situation where we have too many guys in a spot and trying to give them all minutes results in none of them getting proper contributable minutes (I consider 15 minutes to be the benchmark). Flip M, Delfino, and Rose, manning the 2 and 3 spots? Ehh I dont know, but i'd be more open to dealing delfino if we had Rose.

I would be fine with getting rid of Delfino if we got Rose. Rose can still contribute, and without feeling the need to control the game, he could be relaxed and fill the role that we need him to.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    rose doesnt impress me on that level. his game has become more one dimensional as of late. score or die
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread