+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill Ford steps down as CEO, Mulally steps in.

Bill Ford steps down as CEO, Mulally steps in.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060905/ap_on_bi_ge/ford

DETROIT - Ford Motor Co. announced Tuesday that Bill Ford is stepping down as chief executive but will remain chairman of the troubled automaker.

Alan Mulally, previously executive vice president of Boeing Co. and president and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes, has been named president and CEO at Ford.
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS99/60905027

"Oh snap."

Last edited by Matt; 09-05-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Great, now sell the Lions.

ok, this pisses me off. its not bill ford stepping down, its bill ford JR. J-U-N-I-O-R. this isnt about you matt, this is about national media thats being sloppy.

i know, i could have figured it out had i read the story and saw CEO, but still.

i actually met them both through caddying. old man ford is surprisingly funny, but pisses everyone off cuz he takes his golf carts right on top of the green (a big no-no in golf). its pretty funny how little a fuck he gives about anyone. even the members are afraid to say something to him.

Jr was really nice when i met him ~8 years ago. real nice. but from what i heard, he was pretty cold blooded behind closed doors.

hopefully this will be good for the company/detroit.

for the record, i did put "Jr" in the title, but shortened it to include Mulally's name in it

i might just be anal, but when i read the article earlier today i couldnt figure out if it was the old man stepping down from a figurehead role or jr stepping down as the man in charge.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    Jr was really nice when i met him ~8 years ago. real nice. but from what i heard, he was pretty cold blooded behind closed doors.
    I know a Ford retiree that Bill Ford Jr. used to report to, back when Jr. was rotating through various Ford jobs in the 70s and 80s to figure out how the company worked. The impression he got was that Jr. was a stand-up kinda guy, good worker, but would've done something very different in life if not for the Ford last name... almost certainly not automotive or manufacturing.

BFj's sportin' a nice watch in his pic. not sure if i would have chosen the brown strap w/ the black face, but i like it:

Blog Entries
    Should a watch be almost as big as your fist? Seems like it would get unwieldy.

I've never ben a fan of those oversized watches myself. You can't get too small or else it looks feminine but I definately don't like carrying around a hubcap strapped to my wrist.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Maybe he's a Flava Flav fan?

+ Reply to Thread