+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers Lineup/Roster Discussion

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries

Tigers Lineup/Roster Discussion

Can anyone else figure out for the life of them why Ramon Santiago is on our roster? We have infante to fill in across the infield, if anything we need another first baseman type. I guess he'll be sent down when Dmitri Young comes back, but who knows, they might not. I just don't see anything of value that he offers. He's just not a Major Leaguer.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I think Leyland likes Santiago and also there were concerns about Infante's shoulder at the start of the season. And I am not sure if we have any 1B type guys that we could've called up in Young's place.

Infante was always the better prospect in the Tigers system. Santiago beat Infante to the majors and had a little splash when he first came up, but Infante is head and shoulders above him. At least in hitting.

Infante can also play 3 infield positions PLUS the outfield. I want to know why he isn't getting more playing time. Something has to be up.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Boooy, Leyland does some crazy shit with the lineup. It's hard to argue with results, but Inge at # 3 today??? He's our worst hitter.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Boooy, Leyland does some crazy shit with the lineup. It's hard to argue with results, but Inge at # 3 today??? He's our worst hitter.
    I was bitching about it, but what do I know? Evidently the secret is to not put him at 8 or 9 to mess up the Monroe/thames combo.

With Dmitri Young supposedly close to coming back soon, who would you guys send down?

Tata? Gomez? Thames? Santiago?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    With Dmitri Young supposedly close to coming back soon, who would you guys send down?

Tata? Gomez? Thames? Santiago?

Are we out of options on any of those guys?
    Find a new slant.

Thames and Tata have proven to be MLB players this year and Gomez has been pretty good.

So now you know my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    I turned the game on just when the Tigers strung some together and I heard Inge coming up 3rd with 2 on and 2 out (I believe) and was like "WTF?" The MLB fans that I pay attention to are all freaked out about his lineup cards.
    STEW BEEF!

When Young comes back, it's either going to have to be Santiago or Gomez that goes back down. The other two are just too important to us, IMO, although I suppose Tata is a possibility. Whatever the case, Thames must stay.

+ Reply to Thread