View Poll Results: Who should the Lions take at 9?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ernie Simms (LB) FSU

0 0%
  • AJ Hawk (LB)

3 25.00%
  • Vince Young (QB) Texas

2 16.67%
  • Jay Cutler (QB) Vanderbilt

0 0%
  • Matt Leinart (QB) USC

0 0%
  • Winston Justice (OT) USC

3 25.00%
  • Haloti Ngata (DT) Oregon

1 8.33%
  • Broderick Bunkley (DT) FSU

0 0%
  • Michael Huff (DB) Texas

3 25.00%
  • Jimmy Williams (DB) VaTech

0 0%
  • Eric Winston (OT) Mia

0 0%
  • Tye Hill (CB) Clemson

0 0%
  • Vernon Davis (TE) Maryland

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions Draft Poll

Lions Draft Poll

Assuming the Lions hold on to the 9th spot which of these players do you think the Lions should take?

Some players listed have an outside shot at being available when the Lions pick. I expect Bush, Mario Williams and D'Brick to not slip to 9. Trading up or down isn't an option here.

Blog Entries
    I don't think he'll be there, and I hate the Buckeyes, but I'd take Hawk.

I have major concerns about the LB corps staying healthy.

If Hawk is gone, I'd trade down to grab a LB and an OL later.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I don't think he'll be there, and I hate the Buckeyes, but I'd take Hawk.

I have major concerns about the LB corps staying healthy.

If Hawk is gone, I'd trade down to grab a LB and an OL later.
    Yeah I think Hawk "should" be the favorite to be picked if all of the players I listed were available. I was thinking of eliminating him as he might have the least chance of being available at 9 but I have seen some mocks where he has dropped that far.

I chose Huff. From the little that I know he seems like he can be one of those rare impact players in the secondary. I hear he has a great work ethic and can play any spot in the secondary. If Huff can be anything like Palamolu, Ed Reed or even what Bennie Blades was he would be a great pick.

GD, curious if Hawk wasn't available and you couldn't trade up or down who would be your second choice?

I said Vince Young. Dude's a straight up winner and an AMAZING athlete.

If Vince Young or Matt Lienart there and we
    don't take him, I'd break a lot of things.

Other than that, I like Huff, Hawk and Williams.

Blog Entries
    Geck,

I guess I just overlooked Leinart because there is no way that he'll be there.

So I suppose I'd take him, but what do we do with the other 4 QBs then? You cut King, obviously. You probably cut Orlavsky and hope that he clears waivers so you can add him to the practice squad.

And the you have Kitna, McCown and Leinart. And that's going to be a problem.

Why would a team with so many holes want that much depth at one spot? They wouldn't. And you can't trade either of the two guys you just signed.

Maybe you take Leinart and trade him to the Ravens for Ray Lewis?

So if you are going to make me pick a realistic choice, and I can't trade up/down, I think you take the Winston that you like best, even though I think if you take an OL that high, he better turn out to be a pro bowler some day.
    Find a new slant.

Lets go with Winston. We need an O-Line.

The only realistic options from that list are Hawk, Huff, Justice, Ngata and Davis. No one else is actually a viable option at #9.

A few things.

Winston Justice the OT from USC is dropping in the draft due to the "Lack Of Work ethic" tag. If that's the case the Lions won't have anything to do with him.

Also, Mike Mayock of NFL network (the guy knows his shit) said that Leinart to him is a second round pick. I have seen a few draft boards that have him slipping in the teens because of his soft arm. mayock said that Leinart cannot throw the fastball into coverage.

With QB's anything can happen. Look at Aaron Rodgers last year. Right up to the draft every draft site had him in the top 10 and most top 5...he went 24.

The NFL knows QB's are a crapshoot. We Lions fans have known this forever.

It's generally accepted (at least by me) that Cutler is the most ready and has the least risk of all the QB's and Vince Young (who I think is not a legit NFL QB) has the most potential but won't be ready for at least 2 seasons.

Blog Entries
    I would be totally shocked if Leinart is there at 9, and if he is, I'd be doubly shocked if there wasn't someone on the phone to Millen wanting that pick.

It will be fun to watch.

He could go to the Titans, the Jets, the Packers (if Favre isn't coming back), the Raiders or even the Bills. I just don't see him dropping to 9, let alone the second round, but who knows?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    A few things.

Winston Justice the OT from USC is dropping in the draft due to the "Lack Of Work ethic" tag. If that's the case the Lions won't have anything to do with him.
    Disagree.

After his workout at the USC Pro Day, Justice has seen his stock skyrocket. He went from being a mid-to-late first rounder to the top of the first round, perhaps even the Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Also, Mike Mayock of NFL network (the guy knows his shit) said that Leinart to him is a second round pick. I have seen a few draft boards that have him slipping in the teens because of his soft arm. mayock said that Leinart cannot throw the fastball into coverage.

With QB's anything can happen. Look at Aaron Rodgers last year. Right up to the draft every draft site had him in the top 10 and most top 5...he went 24.

The NFL knows QB's are a crapshoot. We Lions fans have known this forever.

It's generally accepted (at least by me) that Cutler is the most ready and has the least risk of all the QB's and Vince Young (who I think is not a legit NFL QB) has the most potential but won't be ready for at least 2 seasons.
    Cutler is far from being NFL ready. Of all the QB's available in this draft, Leinart is the safest pick.

+ Reply to Thread