+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MLB 2k6

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Apparently 2K sports is taking notice of the bugs in MLB 2K6 for the 360.

From Gamespot.com-
    MLB 2K6 committing errors
    Xbox 360 version of game causing problems for some players; 2K Sports recognizes issue, working on resolution.
    If you're scoring at home, it's E-2K. The first baseball game to hit next-generation consoles is having trouble getting out of its metaphorical first inning, according to reports from the Web. Soon after the game hit store shelves on Tuesday, several gamers began to report problems with the game freezing during play.

2K Sports has acknowledged the problem's existence, but has not yet offered up a solution. On a forum post on the game's official Web site, one of the administrators posted the following message: "For those customers experiencing technical issues with Major League Baseball 2K6 on Xbox 360, 2K Sports is aware of the 'freeze' problem some customers are experiencing and is working on a solution. 2K Sports is working with Microsoft and a solution will be available in the very near future. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused to your playing experience."

The source of the problem remains elusive, and instances of the freezing issue appear indiscriminate--forum posters have reported issues in both franchise mode and exhibition mode.

Many gamers are irate over the problem, and aren't willing to wait for a patch to fix the bugs. Some have come up with their own solutions, recommending that gamers attempt to clear the system's cache or delete the game's VIP profiles (GameSpot has not tested this--users who attempt these methods do so at their own risk).

Requests for comment from 2K Sports went unanswered as of press time.
    I hope they get this figured out because I was really thinking about getting this game.
    The few innings that i was able to actually play, i didn't really like the game. i just never really felt like I was in control of what was going on.

Expect a full review from me soon.

Has anyone actually finished a game? I mean, is it even possible? Or does it freeze everytime?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I reformatted after I beat the main quest in Oblivion (I'm going to play through again as a Khajiit and be a thief and be motherfuckin' evil as compared to last game where I was a typical human hero), and I'm playing through games fine now. I'll review it from that objective, unbiased by the freezing issue. Apparently, the issue has to do with the hard drive, although thouse without a HDD have also been saying they've had freezing, but I can't imagine how since mine worked when I either removed the HDD or reformatted it... But yes, I'm about 20 games into franchise on 360.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Posted by bangpow on Saturday, April 15, 2006 (21:23:33)
    From 2K Sports.com's forums...

"2K Sports is still finalizing a solution to alleviate the "freeze" issue on Major League Baseball 2k6 for Xbox 360 that some of our consumers are experiencing. We should have a downloadable patch available once it has fully tested to first party compliance standards.

In the meantime, our dedicated 2K Sports QA team has tested and confirmed two work-around methods for those consumers who are experiencing the "freeze" issue:

1) Remove or disable the HDD

or,

2) Load three different Xbox 360 games to the main title screen of each game then load Major League Baseball 2K6 on Xbox 360. All three Xbox 360 games must be completely different before loading Major League Baseball 2K6.

While we realize that these measures may seem unconventional, our 2K Sports QA Team has tested both methods and both will remedy issues that are causing the Major League Baseball 2K6 "freeze" issue on the Xbox 360. Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience to your playing experience.

Please stay tuned for more updates. Thank you for your attention."

+ Reply to Thread