+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alex Legion De-commits from Michigan

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.

Alex Legion De-commits from Michigan

by Dave Telep of Scout.com, April 5, 2006 at 6:56pm ET

Alex Legion, one of the elite wing players in America, is transferring from Country Day High in Detroit to powerful Oak Hill Academy. The 6-foot-3 junior shooting guard, a Top 15 recruit per Scout.com, had been committed to Michigan. However, as he changes high schools he's decided to re-open his college commitment.
    "We decided to open it up," Legion told Scout.com. "I'm going to Oak Hill and I'm starting over so we opened it up.

"Coach Amaker seemed to understand."

The first time around Legion considered many schools, including UCLA and UConn. He'll consider Michigan again, but hasn't had a chance to figure things out yet.

"As of right now, no. We've been committed to Michigan all through the winter so we hadn't had a chance to look at anyone." Will consider ucla uconn kansas

How long until Amaker's seat starts to get hot?

What a chump. Interesting how he was quoted several times when talking about Oak Hill as saying he's still sticking with Michigan. Moron.

If he would have done his months ago, Michigan might have still had a chance with some of the guysthat didn't want to be teammates with this selfish a-hole.

I'm guessing Dar Tucker will be getting a TON of Michigan attention now.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Geez. You've got to be freaking kidding me. Well, it looks like Michigan's NCAA Tourney drought will continue and will be on the NIT bubble for many, many, many, years to come.

Legion has completely screwed us over. He commits, which turns off Lucas and Summers, they commit to State and now Legion de-commits. We just can't win.

What a joke.

I do have to give some props to Tre. He did call this a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    If Legion goes to Oak Hill, say goodbye to him. Michigan offers the value of being able to play close to home and that's about it. If he is already out of the state, he'll play ACC or Big East ball.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

This makes Manny Harris an absolutet MUST GET for Tommy.

If TA gets Patrick and Corperryale...all will not be lost and in all seriousness they might even be -better- off because Legion is, was and always will be a cancer to any team that he is on.

He's talented...but he's an asshole.

Moodini31 wrote: I do have to give some props to Tre. He did call this a while back.

DrTre11 wrote:
    If Legion goes to Oak Hill, say goodbye to him. Michigan offers the value of being able to play close to home and that's about it. If he is already out of the state, he'll play ACC or Big East ball.
    I gotta send those props right back at Moodini for acknowledging the prediction. Thanks homie

I'll admit it, I'm really happy about this and I did laugh when I saw it. But, just to prove I just wasn't being a Wolverine hater, I'm sticking to what I said before. Legion is selfish and not the type of guy you want on your team. He is a talent though, so I can see why Michigan fans would be disappointed. Big news!

Legion's mom did an interview with The Wolverine and she had this to say

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Legion
    "Who knows what's going to happen? I think he's coming back. I know he's coming back."
    At this point, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't want to burst any bubbles, but if I was a Wolverine, I'd look at it like he's gone. How many times has a guy decommited and then recommited to that school? It just doesn't happen. They decommit because they think they want to go elsewhere. Just like Devendorf.

The Wolverines gotta hope that his trip out of state goes terribly and he gets homesick. That's the only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I don't want to burst any bubbles, but if I was a Wolverine, I'd look at it like he's gone. How many times has a guy decommited and then recommited to that school? It just doesn't happen. They decommit because they think they want to go elsewhere. Just like Devendorf.

The Wolverines gotta hope that his trip out of state goes terribly and he gets homesick. That's the only hope.
    Actually Tre, there have been a few cats recently (in football) who have de-committed and then re-commited.

Vidal Hazelton (5 star WR) committed to USC, re-opened his recruitment and was feeling PSU, then signed with USC.

Mitch Mustain (5 star QB) committed to Arkansas, de-committed, was feeling Notre Dame, then signed with Arkansas.

It does happen, but I'm not holding out hope. IMO, he's gone. Maybe him de-committing will make some other tight cats start to feel us.

You know what the typical single and unattractive person says.

"There's plenty of fish out there in the sea."

If he re-commits, yay@! If not, no biggie.

+ Reply to Thread