+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Iraq -WMD Smoking Gun - Tonight! (OLD THREAD)

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Where's Gecko?
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Where's Gecko?
    you find one republican who doesn't run for the hills when you unload on him and you can't leave him alone.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Its ok. I already know his response. "Democrats thought he had them, too."
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Its ok. I already know his response. "Democrats thought he had them, too."
    Of course, democrats never wanted to send 100,000 troops to invade, dethrone, and install a puppet regime, and only made statements in support of doing so after republicans intentionally lied to them and defrauded them into believing the WMD threat was worse than it was, with talk of yellowcake from Niger, aluminum tubes that could "only" (as in never) be used for WMD, smoking guns being mushroom clouds, etc.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    taymelo this is sad. your obsession for political war is pretty bad huh?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quiet, Gutz.

I'm busy arguing with myself - - - and I'm winning like a mutha!

I don't stop in much anymore, nor do I post on any other forums. My life at work and home is both too busy and important to be posting on forums. I do miss the interactions with many of you though.

I just got a chance to stop in and read the new stuff in here. GD, somehow knew that myself and TM would flock to this thread like flies on shit if he posted something...good call GD.

Anyways I won't answer the direct questions just leave today's revelations. This doesn't change much but just shows how new news can sway the emotion of opinion one way or the other for some.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...1734490&page=1

March 22, 2006 — Following are the ABC News Investigative Unit's summaries of five documents from Saddam Hussein's government, which have been released by the U.S. government.

The documents discuss Osama bin Laden, weapons of mass destruction, al Qaeda and more.

The full documents can be found on the U.S. Army Foreign Military Studies Office Web site: http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/products-docex.htm.

Note: Document titles were added by ABC News.

"Osama Bin Laden Contact With Iraq"

A newly released pre-war Iraqi document indicates that an official representative of Saddam Hussein's government met with Osama bin Laden in Sudan on February 19, 1995 after approval by Saddam Hussein.

my edit: This is definitive proof here and it can no longer be said that Sadaam and Al Qaeda were not linked. Throw out the argument that Bush admin lied about this. It can now be said they did not on this one issue.

Bin Laden asked that Iraq broadcast the lectures of Suleiman al Ouda, a radical Saudi preacher, and suggested "carrying out joint operations against foreign forces" in Saudi Arabia. According to the document, Saddam's presidency was informed of the details of the meeting on March 4, 1995 and Saddam agreed to dedicate a program for them on the radio. The document states that further "development of the relationship and cooperation between the two parties to be left according to what's open (in the future) based on dialogue and agreement on other ways of cooperation." The Sudanese were informed about the agreement to dedicate the program on the radio.

The report then states that "Saudi opposition figure" bin Laden had to leave Sudan in July 1996 after it was accused of harboring terrorists. It says information indicated he was in Afghanistan. "The relationship with him is still through the Sudanese. We're currently working on activating this relationship through a new channel in light of his current location," it states.

(Editor's Note: This document is handwritten and has no official seal. Although contacts between bin Laden and the Iraqis have been reported in the 9/11 Commission report and elsewhere, (e.g. the 9/11 report states "Bin Ladn himself met with a senior Iraqi intelligence officer in Khartoum in late 1994 or early 1995) this document indicates the contacts were approved personally by Saddam Hussein.

It also indicates the discussions were substantive, in particular that bin Laden was proposing an operational relationship, and that the Iraqis were, at a minimum, interested in exploring a potential relationship and prepared to show good faith by broadcasting the speeches of al Ouda, the radical cleric who was also a bin Laden mentor.

my edit:
    The document does not establish that the two parties did in fact enter into an operational relationship. I will concede that it isn't clear how the two parties were working together, whether casually or formal but they had operational contacts and sympathy none the less.

Given that the document claims bin Laden was proposing to the Iraqis that they conduct "joint operations against foreign forces" in Saudi Arabia, it is interesting to note that eight months after the meeting — on November 13, 1995 — terrorists attacked Saudi National Guard Headquarters in Riyadh, killing 5 U.S. military advisors. The militants later confessed on Saudi TV to having been trained by Osama bin Laden.)

I agree 100% with Gecko. Any member of any group that would meet Saddam is evil and up to no good.

+ Reply to Thread