http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ck=1&cset=true

According to a league source, the Ravens have been sending out "feelers" to gauge the interest in Pro Bowl middle linebacker Ray Lewis. We're not talking heavy-duty stuff here, but the word was out. Teams, though, might not want to trade for a player who is on the decline, is injury prone and has three years left on his contract worth $5.5 million next season and $6.5 million in 2007 and 2008. The ideal situation for Lewis would be to play for a team that is close to breaking through but lacks a veteran leader that could put it over the top. It needs to be a good fit, much like tight end Shannon Sharpe was for the Ravens in 2000.
Isn't this the exact type of deal the Lions should get involved in? Everybody talks about the culture of losing in Detroit, wouldn't this be the kind of deal that could change that? I know Ray is on the decline but it is more about having that kind of leader in the locker room. If you add a leader like that to the defense all of a sudden player start believing they can acheive more. I know it doesn't help the offense or the offensive line issue those need to still be addressed. However Ray Lewis could be the Lions Reggie White. If he and Coach Rod could convert the defense into a top 5-10 D all of a sudden, and the offense improves all of a sudden you become a places that guys want to play ateam on the rise.

I know Ray's price tag is steep but you could probably get him to restructure. I am sure I will get blasted for this post but I just think that a thrid rd pick or 2007 conditional second isn't that much of a gamble. Like I said it isnt so much about his playmaking ability but rather a statement about the type of on-field players you want.