Quote Originally Posted by GotCrotty?
Anyone who celebrates Christmas celebrates Jesus.

CHRISTmas.
if you went to church and took communion under a cross but called it 'koolaid' does that mean you worship me?

No! the cross and the wafers and wine are symbolic of nothing to me personally. I was never crucified or gave a last supper.

The celebration of christmas predates christ. It was banned for years because people were too rowdy and the religion behind it was not excepted. it wasn't legal until the 1800's in which they attached the name 'christmas' to it for no appearent reason other then to justify the celebration amongst christians.

We all see christ in the word christmas, people choose to ignore 'mas' though. I was told it means death.

A christmas tree is pagan tradition in which they would decorate a tree with apples and shit to ensure their sun god would bless them with plentiful crops when the season came.

The use of holly symbolized menstrual blood of a goddess to people.

The berries on mistletoe represented jizm of the sun god, thereby symbolizing the creation of life.

The exchanging of gifts started in ancient rome. Guys would trade gifts, beat their wives, get drunk and fuck each other.

outside of gay sex and spousal abuse people still do all this (well maybe some homes still do those two but i ain't sayin' anything). but everyone attaches jesus name to it, and it has NOTHING to do with him. This date isn't his birthday either. the date makes sense to the pagan origin though as they thought the days getting shorter then longer again this time of year symbolized the death and rebirth of their sun god.