The trends interest me more than anything. I suspect that #37 being better than #36 or #38 is statistical noise (along with #44 being really bad compared to #43 or #45). Overall, it's clear than a mid-30s pick is about the same as a low-mid 40s pick

There seems to be a definite, but only mild, breakpoint right around 1st round vs. 2nd round (which over the years has varied). My hunch is that late-20s 1st round picks on the whole are about the same as #31-45, but get more of a chance to play and blossom because they have guaranteed money.

The dropoff between #1 and everyone else isn't a shocker, but the dropoffs between #5 to #6 and #10 to #11 are surprising. It gives some historical perspective on trading up or trading down in the draft in a general sense. It's not worth trading up unless we get top 10.

Note that the absolute rankings for "best drating teams" don't account for where we drafted. When they factor that in, and what the reasonable expectations are, we're middle of the road. The Lakers under Jerry West drafted some great players, that's for sure...