What do you guys think of it overall? I thought it was among the best, and then checked out hoopshype to look at the other teams in the league. For various reasons, quite of the other GMs have smartened up as well. I look at some of these teams though, and I wonder if we really aren't more in the middle in terms of cap management. Examples of great strategies:

1. San Antonio has to be among the tops. Not only have they kept their nucleus without moving anyone, they will have enough space to add a superstar next season. Parker, Ginobili, Duncan, AND a player like Pierce? That will really suck. Of course they will have to renounce their other guys, but they have done a great job of already stockpiling overseas talent. Greatly planned roster. They have planned most of their cap around just a few key pieces, but they have invested wisely in the right players.

2. Phoenix - they have overspent, but have a great core with a great backup PG who is actually worth his cash, as well as the rest of the roster. Competitive with very few fossils. They have the unfair advantage of being in sunny Phoenix.

3. Portland - the #1 pick helps them like it did San Antonio when Robinson was out. But they did an awesome job of turning the entire roster and buying picks, and will not smell the lux tax for many years.

4. Toronto has rebuilt around a great player who should have been ours if not for a collective brain fart, but has added great foreign prospects to add depth.

5. Utah will be in a position to significantly upgrade from Giricek next season.

Yes their are bad managing teams, but they are starting to invest much smarter. Even the Knicks are starting to finally take advantage of their ability to outspend everyone else. Where do we fall in this?

Without a doubt, the Nazr Muhammed signing is going to prove horrendous for us. Not only does that panic move not play well, but the handicap in free agency will hurt horribly. moving him for an expiring deal is going to be almost impossible considering the fact that expiring deals will be at a premium.